The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Weight gain
28 Jan 2014, 08:53
:frown: I've been on this woe now for a year next week and have been really happy it's a slow way to lose weight but I've been losing steady and had lost 15.5 lbs and was looking forward to getting to my goal weight only 7lbs to go.
Then Christmas happened I was poorly the first week of Christmas so didn't have an appetite I had two weeks off 5:2 at Christmas to enjoy the festivities I over ate like most after christmas I weighed myself and had gained 4lbs so have been fasting for three weeks and eating as I have done all the way through being on 5:2 I'm very strict on fasting days and eat under 500 calories average 410 calories. After three weeks I've held on to the extra 4lbs not lost a pound feeling very upset as I plateaued before Christmas for months then I started to lose again now it's rising and it's so upsetting. Help
Re: Weight gain
28 Jan 2014, 09:02
You're not alone, there are many who gained over Xmas and are now repairing the damage. Just think that if you weren't a 5.2er you wouldn't know what to do about it and you gained far less than the average non faster.
There was a poll by Juliana rivers,asking how much everyone gained, check it out. Maybe the Xmas splurge will shift you out of your plateaux. Good luck
28 Jan 2014, 09:05
Thank you just feeling a bit deflated. I'll have a look at the poll. Thanks again
28 Jan 2014, 09:13
I'm struggling to shift my 6lb Christmas gain too, good thing it only happens once a year. Stick with it Doylelis you know it works
28 Jan 2014, 09:18
Yes, don't worry @Doylelis you are definitely NOT alone! Is it me, or does Christmas seem to go on forever these days?!!

Anyway, fret not. Just climb back on the fasting horse...when you're ready! (or you could join me and my friends in the ADF tent?!!)

Bean :shock:
28 Jan 2014, 09:39
:heart: Yes I'm another@Doylelis I gained 1kg xmas week then another 1kg week later then list one + regained etc
So after telling everyone on this forum my plan on Friday I put it into action yesterday RE:: back to basics 2x 500 cal fasts because truthfully I couldn't remember the last time I did a true one, I'd got a busy day planned and made the most of my "newfound ugly" veggies with small chicken breast and because I'd done far to much I only managed half of chicken!!!
Needless to say my first real fastday went well so as plans in the week have now changed I'm also doing today making back2back which I'm OK with.
For you as you say you're not going over your cals etc the only other thing that kickstarted my weightloss last year was when I reduced my carb intake so that's one option, mixing it up regarding days + meals, or evening meal only because the longer fasts are more beneficial to us all these tips will confuse your body and maybe it will then let go of your gain, I can only repeat everyone else regarding stick with it as you did all year. :heart: :heart:
28 Jan 2014, 10:20
Thank you everyone I'm sticking with 5:2. And decided to gently go back to exercise due to knee problems I'll never train and run as I used to ( reason for starting 5:2) but it may kick start my body into losing again.
I'll report back when I'm on the downward trend again :)
28 Jan 2014, 10:48
[code][/code]I can empathise with you Doylelis!! :/ I've been on 5:2 for 4 weeks and in the first 3 weeks I lost 10lbs, but in the 4th week I put 2lb back on!! :( I didn't do anything different, but I'm wondering if me only eating 1500 cals on my non fast days is effecting my weightloss!! :/
I fasted yesterday, so Doylelis, we can do this together!! :)
Luv XCX
28 Jan 2014, 11:19
@mentalcal that's a nice encouraging post,
5.2 plain and simple that's my method. And @Sue.Q I'm With you on this back to basics crusade. :like: :clover:
28 Jan 2014, 19:01
Thank you for all your kind and encouraging words.
10 posts Page 1 of 1