The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Half term devastation!!!!
21 Feb 2014, 16:51
Hey all,
It's half term for me this week and I've been down at my boyfriends dad's in Yorkshire. It's involved a lot of food out and beer on the evenings! It also included a fast on valentines days but then I ended up getting hammered on the evening because we forgot to eat.

I was going to do my normal fast on Tuesday and then we ended up making bread so I just decided to have a week off which I have.

His dad's a vet and I just happened to be in his consulting room doing some work on the computer and my eyes landed on the scales he uses to weigh dogs...so I've just weighed myself and I've put on 4.9lb in a week!!!!!!!!! I am devastated! I am wearing jeans and it's late in the afternoon compared to my naked weigh in usually first thing in the morning but I still reckon I've put on at least 3lb!

My goal of 140lb by Easter is starting to look like a dream rather than a reality :(
Re: Half term devastation!!!!
21 Feb 2014, 17:24
Put it behind you and start again next week :smile:
21 Feb 2014, 17:34
I bet your next naked morning weigh-in will make you feel better! I can weigh 2lbs more after my morning weigh and that's only a couple of hours later! I don't do this regularly by the way, I was just curious about how much 2ltrs of water might weigh!!
21 Feb 2014, 17:38
I have been known to put on 6lb water weight in a day. So don't worry. Plus I bet your jeans weigh 2lb and the contents of your stomach plus the re-hydrated cells all over your body will account for the other 2lbs easily.
21 Feb 2014, 17:42
You beat me I'm up 3lb this half term week off. But I did two really great fasts.
There's always next week to put it right.
21 Feb 2014, 17:44
Hold that dream Danielle! You can do it..if you don't quite make it for Easter,the Easter Bunny 's not gonna sue you! :lol: :lol: you will still weigh less and in time to,come,be at your goal x
21 Feb 2014, 17:58
Don't worry, it's half term and you're on holiday. It's allowed! I put on 2lb in 5 days this week. If you have a look at my tracker you will see that every increase it weight coincided with holiday times. I got to my goal eventually and so will you. This is a way of life, not a fast fix. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. Anyway, it's impossible to put on that much weight in fat in so few days. It's water. You will see on the threads how many people advocate 'mixing it up' in order to confuse. Go easy on the white carbs and pile on the salads and veg, you will be amazed at how quickly it disappears.
21 Feb 2014, 18:03
DO NOT PANIC!! I go up and down by 3lb or so all the time. Frustrating I know, but it does come down again...so don't worry, you'll soon get back on track!

Bean xx
21 Feb 2014, 18:50
Also different scales so maybe not truly comparable. But I think the jeans will probably account for most of it!
21 Feb 2014, 22:59
:heart: Hi @Danielle21711 Don't worry and stress yourself because that will lead you to bingeing or similar you've said it yourself different circumstances different clothing and more importantly different SCALES!!!
Don't ever weigh in on other people's scales :shock: :shock:
Step back put it behind you and kick back in whenever you can even a couple of 16:8 days helps. :heart: Sue

PS how are the migraines lately?
22 Feb 2014, 13:37
Thanks everyone! You've all made me feel so much better! I just couldn't resist that massive scale (it's the size of a small table-designed for dogs obviously!!). Decided I'm going to have 2 more enjoyable food and drink days and then get back on it from Monday. Really looking forward to it actually!

@sue.q they've all gone! I think it was a case of dehydration because I've not had that problem since! I'm going to monitor next week though as it'll be my first week back in after a week off!
22 Feb 2014, 13:42
:heart: @danielle21711 So glad calm has been restored
Brilliant news on the migraine front good luck for Monday and take plenty of water with you. :heart: Sue
12 posts Page 1 of 1