The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

8 posts Page 1 of 1
This is my 8th week of this WOL. The past 2 cycles I have noticed that I dont loose weight just before or during my period. I know this isnt that unusual. However, each month I am finding it difficult to control my mental attitude when I see the scales go up. Im not my usual happy self anyways at the time of the month. But the weight gain combined with cravings for carbs and sugar send me on a real downer and I tend to binge. Have you wonderful fasters any tips? :?:
My only tip is go with it. At least you know it wont last forever.

Even though I've been a bit hit and miss weighing wise. It is definitely best to weigh daily as then you don't get a massive shock on say day 7 when you jump on the scales expecting a loss, when all week it's been bobbling around the same three pounds.

I'm a carb monster for about two weeks a month now, had hysterectomy before Xmas and am now contraceptive free but I have all the symptoms except "shedding".
Sore boobs last for up to three weeks. And whilst doing exercise classes having my boobums painfully bouncing up and down (with a sports bra) is a bloomin nightmare.
Or maybe don't weigh yourself during that TOM. And do your best to stick to fast days, but treat yourself a little on non-fast days!
Do you use a trending app such as Libra (android) or True Weight? I find its really helpful to be able to see the overall trend, not just what's happening on a few days here and there. If you search for Libra you'll get lots of information.
Listen to your body and eat but stick to good carbs. Sugar will make you feel worse.
I experience this, too. It was particularly bad this week. I'm the kind of person that tends to "give up" mentally when seeing higher numbers on the scale, so I know how daunting this can be. This month my weight went up 4 pounds during my TOM and I had a need to snack. I got through it by increasing my fluid intake, to encourage my body to give up the fluids it was holding onto. I find that helps to curb the hunger a bit, also.
Winsome wrote: Do you use a trending app such as Libra (android) or True Weight? I find its really helpful to be able to see the overall trend, not just what's happening on a few days here and there. If you search for Libra you'll get lots of information.

Agreed! I use FatWatch to trend my weight. I make a note in it that this is "period week," so I won't panic at the higher numbers.
I find I don't lose as much but the week after is a big loss. I was ovulating this last week so have felt out of sorts, ( I know because I have experience some discomfort first time for a while) and I had a small loss last week. Wondering if it's all connected.
8 posts Page 1 of 1