The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

21 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: 5:2 Fast Tea?
21 Apr 2014, 07:15
jools7 wrote:
any comments on my acute vs chronic stress idea?

@jools7
I'm not sure about the role of adrenaline and noradrenaline but I believe they think the benefits of acute stress (HIIT, cold exposure, fasting) is on heat shock protein. I'd have to look into noradrenaline/adrenaline. BRB!
21 Apr 2014, 07:35
@jools7

Here you go:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8667247 is a good starting place. Follow the related articles link to get lots more on this topic.

You're right, noradrenaline and adrenaline appear to stimulate HSP accumulation, which is associated with protecting cells from damage and is theorized to be part of the mechanism for the health benefits of fasting, green veg, exercise and cold exposure.
21 Apr 2014, 07:48
Hi Max,
you certainly got the tea talk going.
Love tea myself and I do love T2 (West. Aussie girl here).
Just bought some
T2 White White Cocoa - taste like a coconut rough and the smell - YUM :smile:
and
T2 Summer Cloud (whole leaf lemon myrtel) - smell is devine. :wink:
Not sure if its the taste alone or is it the taste and aroma that I love.
Time to make a brew. :clover:
tenshi
21 Apr 2014, 10:04
Very interesting, carorees, i will do a bit more reading on the plane tmrw, hopefully we have some internet connection.
21 Apr 2014, 10:14
Is there a tea that DOES help with weight loss?

Bean :starving: :confused:
21 Apr 2014, 12:22
Hmmm! Teas, hubby bought me loads when I first started fasting to help with the first days, I must dig them out again. Now where is the sweetener as I can't stand them without some form of sweetness.
Making them I pop the bag in a mug, pour on the just boiled water, stir and stick a saucer over the top to keep the heat in and walk away for 5 minutes. When I come back to it all the full flavour has come out. Yummy.
21 posts Page 2 of 2