The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
perhaps a dumb question but ill ask it anyway

if i consume 200 calories, how much more will i weigh compared to what i weighed immediately before consuming those calories (in grams) i.e within 5 minutes of consumption before time to burn off anything

or is it a "it depends"
It's not based on calories, but the actual weight of the food.
so if i ate 200grams of food i will necessarily way 200g more immediately after?
Since you're weighing yourself only 5 mins after eating then your extra weight will correspond exactly to the weight of the 200calorie food item!

If you are asking how much of the 200 calories will be converted to fat and stored and so therefore increase your fat content, assuming that these 200 calories represent 200 more than your actual TDEE on the particular day in question (not the calculated TDEE), then the theoretical answer is based on the fact that 1kg of fat is 'worth' about 7000 calories. So 200/7000 = 0.029kg.

But you'll never see this on the scales because most of your scale weight is your body water and this varies enormously day to day hence the need for using an app like Libra.
4 posts Page 1 of 1