The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

50 posts Page 4 of 4
:heart: Thank you for your generous comments my fasting friends. I am so humbled. Love you guys. :heart:
@gillymary, how was your bone broth? Was it nice and salty? Did it hit the spot?
I buy 4 chicken bones (carcus) from Harris farm markets 80 cents per kilo. Go home and bake them till roasted. Put in slow cooker with a splash of apple cider vinegar ( to draw out minerals) and celery, carrot and onion off cuts. Then I season with pepper and lots of salt!slow cook for 24 hours then drain. I pop in the fridge and I am SO EXCITED if the stock has turned to jelly the next day!! I call it 'gelatinous goodness'. It feels full circle as my Mum always boiled the chicken leftover bones from our chicken lunch every Sunday for soup that night. There's a book called ' Nourishing Traditions' I'm thinking of getting all about keeping these traditions going from our grandparents and beyond.
I'm so happy that you get to enjoy this comforting drink that as my friend described it as " it tastes like a roast dinner in a cup!"
Xxx julianna
Julianna, I can almost smell (and taste!), that broth from here! Sounds so yummy and comforting! You are looking ab fab too! x
@julianna that is a wonderful post, oodles of congrats to you - it's great to hear you are in a happy place and excited about the future. Well done! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Julianna you are so lovely and open, it is great to read your story. We started about the same time so it's really great to both still be here and enjoying our WOL with 5:2.
Congratulations and enjoy!
@juliannaFor some reason I have only just seen this. What a fantastic change - well done! :like:
50 posts Page 4 of 4