The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Ageing & weight loss
17 May 2014, 12:45
I am so relieved to have found a diet that suits my personality & love of food.

I was too frightened to weight myself at the beginning, but my partner said he could see it was working & sure enough I had lost 3 kgs the 1st month. A lot of the blogs I have read worried me that you had to diet everyday and fast for 2 days. I wanted to loose wt but not have to obsess about it every day- like I had for Dukan, CSIRO, low carb. I didn't care how long it took as long as the wt was going down, not up. I also decided not to tell friends, again because unlike previous diets they didn't need to know or judge. Six months later with 5 weeks off on holiday(active-skiing), I have lost 10 kgs. Even though I'm still 7 kgs off my goal, I feel so slim & am enjoying wearing the clothes I have loved for years & only dreamt that I would fit into again.

I keep my fast days simple. My fast days have been usually Monday & Thursday, with the beauty of it being moveable if a social occasion is on either of these days. In January I decided to try Intermitent Fasting on my fast days as well. So now I don't eat from the previous night until about 6.30-7.30pm on fast days ( research suggest 14 hrs fasting for women, more is no more effective). I drink lots of water throughout the day. I do have tea with milk at breakfast time, chewing gum, oxo if hungry (high sodium, not good for everyone). Then my partner & I have pork, salmon or lamb grilled, charisma potatoe (only sold in Coles-45cals per 100gms) baked & Vegs or salad. Then later, an almond milk banana with nutmeg shake, very tasty & filling & a cup of tea with milk. Easily under 500 cals. We both love these foods, there is plenty to eat & very little planning ( obsession) needed in the preparation.

I have noticed I don't binge on my none fast days, I also don't feel guilty & am feeling fuller quicker. I look forward to my fast days, enjoy the feeling of not eating on these days, as I know I can have whatever I want tomorrow. The only thing I have to think about now is, is 63 kgs too low wt for my age (58, last time I was 63kgs was when I was 42) as my wrinkles may need a little more padding now I'm older? How terrible is that, I might have to raise my wt goal!!! I hope my story is of help to others as I feel so positive & hope others can enjoy the rewards of the 5:2 fast diet.
Re: Ageing & weight loss
17 May 2014, 12:58
Hi @Chocolatecatski And Welcome to this amazing forum full of advice and support, well done on your weightloss many thanjs for sharing your story.
Good luck with the remainder :clover:
As for the ageing I'm excepting my saggy skin and wrinkles as a byproduct of my 50lbs dropped forever this years plan to work on that skin hasn't gone to plan yet but back on the case again now.. :clover: :clover:
Re: Ageing & weight loss
17 May 2014, 13:59
Oh well done you!

So glad to hear you are loving this WOL and that it has worked its magic on you!

I think it is amazing....I could bore for England whenever anyone asks me how I have dropped 3 stone (& counting...). Everyone should know about 5:2, 4:3, 16:8 and so on!!

Good luck for the future!

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
3 posts Page 1 of 1