The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Week off fasting - big gain
03 Jun 2014, 12:37
Oh I do feel for you. Just been away for four days and stayed the same. ! No nibbling, low alcohol. Had a lovely time. But that was my brucie bonus.
03 Jun 2014, 16:05
Thanks for the replies lovely people - it's reassuring to know that others have had big gains after one week off. Scales were down 2 lb this morning and I'm fasting today so hopefully I haven't done too much damage.

@carieoates I admire your resilience :)

I was a bit concerned that my motivation would drop this week as we had a wedding on Saturday and I wanted to lose as much as poss for that. The week before the wedding we were both off and I was all up for exercising and doing at least one fast, but it just didn't happen. Anyway wedding's out of the way and I need to stay focused and on the ball. I think the trick is to set targets, so my next one is our anniversary(22nd July). I think I weighed just over 10 back then so it would be great if I could get down to say 10st 4 by the 22nd. I also think this forum and the tracker is helping massively. So big thanks to all of you for that :grin:
03 Jun 2014, 16:34
egregious wrote:
@carieoates I admire your resilience :)

Hey
Don't get me wrong I am no saint. Was on holiday in the sun, sitting beside a pool with breakfast included, we didn't eat all day, just drank water, then had a three course evening meal at around 8.30. So two fasts for the price of one really. All night, then all day. Anyhow, it will never happen again, but I was delighted when I got off the scales this morning. And yes don't we fluctuate during a few days?
03 Jun 2014, 16:51
See I could get on board with that, just having breakfast and evening meal while on hols, but try getting Himself to go more than four hours without food? Even in 30 degree heat. Pft. Dunno if I could do it if he was stuffing his face, plus we do (and by 'we' I mean 'I' obviously) like to go for coffee and cake in the afternoon occasionally(and by occasionally I mean most days obviously). Ack. Good job we're not going on hols this year.
05 Jun 2014, 15:34
The big weight gains for many in the forum after the Christmas 2013 challenge was proof enough. Many went "off their fasting program" for a week or even 2 or 3. and it took many to February to get back to where they were Dec 15.

We have an effective tool (IF) to counteract the "bad behaviour" if you want to call our behaviour that but it's life and we need to all accept there there will be periods when fasting just isnt appropriate. As long as we dont stay away for more than a month in my opinion. I'm hoping to get my sis back on the "program" in a few weeks. Life got in the way for her so the moment she is ready I will stand by her to guide her back to good health again.
20 posts Page 2 of 2