The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Holiday and weight gain
02 Jul 2014, 18:35
Hi all
We are on the 2nd week of our holiday at Chirk in Wales and I have not stuck to my healthy heating at all!!! And I have put weight ( took my scales with me, sad I know) but Im getting lots of walking done, my fitbit tells me I have done 23,000 steps today and walked almost 9 miles today :-)
We return home on Mon so will be a fasting day for me and get these LBS back off :-)
Re: Holiday and weight gain
02 Jul 2014, 18:39
That's the spirit,enjoy yr hol and deal with consequences when you get back!
Life is too short to be obsessive
Sounds like youre getting lots of fresh air and exercise :like: x
Enjoy the rest of yr hol x!
02 Jul 2014, 20:19
Hey @mariondot40
Well done on the walking and exercise :like:
You just enjoy your holidays and repair the damage on your return even if you have to do 4:3 for the first week you'll soon lose the pounds. :like: :clover: :clover:
02 Jul 2014, 20:30
I agree with Candice and Sue -- Enjoy your holiday and celebrate the fact you're getting plenty of exercise.
02 Jul 2014, 20:40
If you're walking much more than usual it could be the increased exercise leading to water retention!

I went on a week long holiday 10 dans ago and was up two kilos when I got home, but was back at my normal weight at the beginning of this week, I think it's a case of easy on easy off as long as you get straight back into the fasting when you get home. Enjoy the rest of your holiday!
5 posts Page 1 of 1