The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

748 posts Page 30 of 50
Previous 1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 50 Next
I have found 16:8 fine for maintaining, cblasz, but I don't know whether it would help you lose weight. I reached my goal weight and do 16:8 most days, and yes, I skip breakfast and have a late lunch as my first meal. I don't count calories either, but I do keep an eye on my weight. If it creeps up too much, I'll have a fast day or two and try to exercise more. That seems to work well for me.
Hi @cblasz All my feed days are now 16:8 yes I gave up breakfast because they were cereal based and high calorie so it helps me to keep both calorie and carb count down, however if ALL my days were 16:8 I can lose weight if they're very cautious days, it is a really good helping hand when fasting becomes impossible or unsociable etc.
:clover: :clover: :clover:
@cblasz I suspect you may have to calorie count or be otherwise very careful if you want to lose weight on 16:8. Likewise you are more likely to have to do it every day. It is either breakfast or dinner you will have to skip. Best decide which and stick to it, if you try to mix and match you will get some days with virtually no real fast (dinner at 7 and breakfast at 8 the next morning). Skipping breakfast for most people means skipping a lot of carbs - cereal, toast, juice - which is all to the good. Of course you may be a sausage, bacon and eggs kind of person ...
Thanks everyone. it sounds like sticking with fasting is good for now, but throwing in the occasional 16:8 if my schedule doesn't allow fasting or just to help things along a bit! And then maybe it'll be good for maintenance in the long run!
Ok, I'm fasting Mondays and Thursdays. I'm eating when I feel like it on Fridays, and eating windows the other 4 days. The issue I'm now finding is that some days I'm not eating enough on the non fast days! Yes I realise this is the total opposite problem of a couple of weeks ago :confused:
I think I need to get my head around having two meals on those days and not trying to have just one larger meal, which I can't finish because I'm full!
I think this has only become a problem since cutting out crisps and most bread. I've not even had any cereals. Perhaps yoghurt and muesli for supper would solve this? :?:
I don't have it in me today. Blech. I'm usually quite happy with 19:5 M-F, but I just can't today. I'm working on seven months of interrupted sleep (thank you, sweet daughter), and a very busy, stressful time at work. Instead of pushing through today, I'm going to take the day off. I'll be back tomorrow. :)

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this. I just didn't want to take a day "off" without a firm, shared date for coming back "on."
Ok @swuddly, have a good feast day and we will see you tomorrow :wink:
Good plan @swuddly :cool:
Hi @swuddly, I've been on here less, last couple of days so don't know whether I've just missed you :?: hope all is week?

I'm now joining this windowed tent. I'm aiming for 19:5, but will take note of carorees suggestion of opening the window wider if I need to.

Does it really matter when the window is eg 4pm- 9pm?

Fingers crossed This helps avoid the usual half stone gain whilst in hosp with ka. I also need to research whether there's a restaurant, rather than just the bakers there!
[quote="Karenm"]

Does it really matter when the window is eg 4pm- 9pm?

I don't think it makes any difference, it's the length of the fast that is important, in my opinion

Ballerina x :heart:
Thanks @ballerina. I need to keep my window for the evening as the earlier I start eating the longer I will continue eating for :oops:
Thanks, @karenm. What I thought was an off day was actually the start of a killer summer cold. I've missed two days of work. I haven't been fasting, but I hope to be back in fighting/fasting form by Monday.

Just time the window so it works best for you, and you'll be fine. :)
Hope you're feeling better soon @swuddly :heart:
I'm popping back in here for a while. Trying two fasts, four 16:8 and a day of freedom. I am finding that eating a large breakfast (oats, raspberries, yoghurt) as late as possible and then an early dinner at 4pm ish to see how I go.
Low carb hasn't really worked for me so I am trying small amounts, oats and bits and not having too much fat and carb at the same time. Another experiment!!
Sounds like a good plan @Debs. I know the answer for your personal way is out there so I am so proud of you that you keep trying despite the frustration. Thinking of you from the chilly blue mountains and waving pom POM's in support!!!
Xxx julianna
Previous 1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 50 Next
748 posts Page 30 of 50