The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

610 posts Page 22 of 41
Previous 1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 41 Next
#65 checking in a day early before going off the rails at a bbq this afternoon. I'll probably only be close to TDEE, c2000 calories, but feast days have been c1000-1200 recently, so am expecting bbq to push the scales up. Confounded nuisance. But feeling great - bought a size 14 at Weird Fish yesterday, not expecting it to fit yet, and it does. Good luck to everyone else, esp @SueQ.

Target weight : 71.5kg
Starting weight: 79.00kg
Today's weight: 77.00kg
Total lost weight: 2kg/4.4lbs
Total to meet target: 5.5kg/12.1lbs
Carbs & water weight @Isis Glad you had good holiday, you'll soon blow that gain away you know how get on your bike and throw in an extra fastday. :like:
Dont forget my May holiday gain was 11lbs :shock: :shock:
Thank you Sue. I hope you are feeling better? My OH is feeling very under the weather today & I'm a bit below par with little sleep & odd eating because of delayed flights so fasting anyway today to rest my body!
Number 19 checking in with another 1lb gain. Not sure why, as although I have not been that good on feed days, I have had two good fasts. Perhaps it is the very hot weather and all the fluid (including alcohol) I have been drinking.
Alas that means only 2.5 lbs of for the challenge. Note to self - must do better, particularly as we are off on holiday in just under three weeks.
I'm 11st 0lbs two days running, though it is due to a week of illness. Goal attained albeit temporary.
#16 checking in with Friday's weight. Overall loss is 0.8 lb. At least it's a general trend to shedding one whole pound. 16:8 in force today......It's amazing how the body responds to too many calories of the wrong kind even on one hot day like yesterday? It has all too slowly dawned on me what I have been doing all my life, or does wisdom come with age!!?
My daily trend line in 'Happy Scale' helps appreciate the bigger wiggly picture doing 5:2. It's like an extremely long plateau over months. I haven't used the forum tracker for a while but commit to starting again mid-August after 11 days in Austria. (There, my daily 16:8. It seems to help others without becoming 'spoil-sports'.)
No 43 checking in. My weigh in for yesterday was 10stone 3lb. That's a loss of 1.75lb and a total loss of 4lb since start of challenge. Not sure how I managed that as weight loss has been really sluggish lately and I didn't feel like I'd lost any, but the scales said so, so it must be true :) I just hope I can keep this rate up and don't go back to measly losses again.
Number 29 skulking in after the grand tour of Scotland. Body weight in strawberries raspeberries and cheese consumed on a regular basis. 16:8 done quite a bit and think i managed 1 proper fast too. Lots of walking and so much fun. Don't really feel brave enough to stand on the scales and it is the end-ish of the month making Sunday the next excise day for me. I'll do a 16:8 today, maybe get a fast in Tue and Thurs and Sat- or is that pushing it a bit? We'll see. The in a fortnight I'm off on holiday again. (so fortunate!) Really think the challenge is going to be beyond me :(. Rethink required on Sunday methinks.
No.17 checking in.
I actually forgot to weigh myself this morning. I got bitten by some critter several times down my right leg. Each bite has swelled up and is painful, so I am on antihistamines, which are making me drowsy. Not good when I have three lively kids under 8 to run after! It also scuppered my running plans this morning. I havent gone in about 3 weeks, as I had a back problem, but that should be okay now.

I did weigh myself yesterday though and I was 0.4lb down. I am not sure how my scales decimalises pounds, or is that a loss of 4oz?? Oh well, its in the right direction. Looks like I have got away with the holiday excess snd the tiramisu last night! Just.
@cblasz thanks for checking in! Last time I weighed my self I was down 1.8 lbs since the start of the challenge. That was nearly two weeks ago, so I'm hoping for even more progress at this weeks weigh in (Thurs). I'll keep you updated!!
No 30 Langstane checking in after a 4 week absence with a gain of nearly 3lbs. Have not fasted in the last 4 weeks and have been on a 10 day all inclusive holiday followed by a week of birthday celebrations. It's not going to get any better as we are off on Wednesday in our caravan to the Yorkshire Dales. There will be lots of walking but also lots of pub lunches. As soon as we are home from that there are more family visits and my will power is not strong enough to fast then. So I am just accepting that as I thought I will not get back into the routine until the new term starts on 18 August. Hopefully it won't be much more than it is just now.
#25 here. I weighed the exact same this morning as I did last Monday. But my Libra trend is down .3 lbs.

It's been a crazy week with weight varying from 138 to 143 lbs within 2 days. Obviously not fat, but much more water weight than I've ever seen before. I assume some is weight of food in stomach (or lack thereoff), some was from salty food, some from evil spirits jealous of my weight loss (a cause rarely discussed in online weight forums. :wink: )

Despite the uncooperative scales I didn't overeat this past week even though it was my birthday, as the weight loss has been enough to motivate me to keep it going.
So I'm 10 stone 7 pounds this morning which is a loss of three pounds and takes me to two pounds ABOVE my start weight.
I can't help thinking that despite doing 4:3, and lots of exercise this week, this loss is just the water retention from last week... I'd prefer to think I'm building heavy muscle, but sadly, don't think so!
I won't be able to do 4:3 this week, only 5:2, but will keep up the exercise, and drink lots of water.
Well done to all of those who are doing so well!
#60 reporting another 1lb loss....yay
Popping in to catch a bit of challenge in the air - smells good. Well done you losers and those who did not your time will come soon. @Janeg that sounds like a good plan to me!
Previous 1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 41 Next
610 posts Page 22 of 41