The FastDay Forum

Weight Maintenance

11 posts Page 1 of 1
I came across this great website: http://www.refusetoregain.com and within in an excellent article discussing the importance of weight maintenance after weight loss and why most countries seem to be more focussed on the weight loss process than the maintenance phase. Well worth a read:
http://www.refusetoregain.com/2014/03/cleaning-up-the-yard-why-weight-loss-itself-is-meaningless.html
Interesting read. Thanks for posting.
Absolutely spot on, and that is why our famous maintainers like @Ballerina are as essential for inspiration as the biggest losers.

The goal for me now is not to be a particular weight but to be able to trust my appetite, that is for what I want and how much I want to be what is right for me, without my brain intruding to say "too fatty", "too many calories", "aargh, all those carbs!", and with the fasting WOL I think I am well on the way.
Thanks for finding this website @carorees and Dr Barbara Berkeley seems to be singing from the hymn sheet that I like.
She also suggested this:-
If your weight loss is stalled as winter ends, consider trying a cooler home, more time out of doors or raising your temperature through sweat-producing work outs. Let me know what you find out!

Which just might help some people who are a bit in 'stuck mode' now.
Like your pic @Auriga

I agree with this bit too

"To minimize insulin production, take sugars and starches out of your diet. Vastly curtail these foods: sugar, honey, syrup, molasses, high fructose corn syrup, grains and whole grains, flour, pasta, crackers, bagels, bread, cookes and cakes, chips, potatoes, hot and cold breakfast cereals, granola and anything made from corn, rice, or other grains. "

See more at: http://www.refusetoregain.com/2014/03/c ... lvgK0.dpuf
Oooh yes it's all true!
Great article, thanks for the post and also for @Barbarita 's comment about long time maintainers. When I've gone 5 years without re-gaining my weight I will consider that IF has worked permanently, I'm currently just over 20% of the way there ( I reached my target just over a year ago ) and am fairly confident that I will make it to the 5 year point and beyond. The thing about diets is that they ALL work, yes, every single one of them works, fact! The problems start once you have lost the weight and are unable to continue with a lifestyle that is unsustainable. This is where IF differs, it's not a diet, it's a do it! It really is a permanent way if life and eating but, you do have to find the particular little niche that fits you, be it an eating window, 5:2, low carb, high fat, ADF, 4/3 or 6/1. Whatever works for you should work for you for the rest of your life and you should be happy with it otherwise you will find that you have just been on another diet that FAILED! I still sometimes think that I will wake up in the morning and be 3 st. heavier again, this really, for me, is a dream come true. I wish everyone the same success that Barbarita and I have had, good luck

Ballerina x :heart:
Yes, they are the foods that do it for me. I thought the very same when I read it. Evil, yummy tempting stuff. Thanks for posting it Caroline
This article is very interesting.By Online Diet Tips i know more about weight maintenance and alos weight loss.
Color me confused. Not sure what you saw there (a wrong link?), but the referenced page contains meal plans loaded with carbohydrates. Note to that they then contradict themselves in another, possibly newer, link:

http://www.goodhealthtipsonline.com/sea ... ght%20loss

Their point in the first sentence of the second paragraph:

"Cut down on carbohydrate intake."

Possibly the weight loss/dieting articles on this site are specific to their emphasized issues?
Thanks for posting Carorees

I havent been in the low carb tent as much as i should so in summary she says

100g of carbs per day.. is that the going "rate" in the tent.

minimal sugar minimal starches does sound so hard. i can do it on fast days no problems but if i have to take it to non fast days too it seems difficult to sustain though clearly many have won that battle
11 posts Page 1 of 1