The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

21 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Scales , I hate them
07 Aug 2014, 14:48
Best thing I did when I started 5:2 was to keep a diary of thoughts, progress etc. also took measurements of all body parts. Several months down the line when the scale didn't tell me what I wanted to hear I went back to read the diary. First it made me laugh, and then I noticed the measurement entry so I remeasured that day and it blew my mind! Inches and inches gone all over!
07 Aug 2014, 21:39
@Ballerina I also like to sneak up on the tape measure, before thrusting it onto my sweaty flesh (urgg!) I like to give it a few yoga exercises, stretch! Stretch! Now suck in gut and...attach! I also like to run it up and down body to slimmest point. Hmm
08 Aug 2014, 08:22
GMH wrote: @Ballerina I also like to sneak up on the tape measure, before thrusting it onto my sweaty flesh (urgg!) I like to give it a few yoga exercises, stretch! Stretch! Now suck in gut and...attach! I also like to run it up and down body to slimmest point. Hmm

@GMH oh dear, I think we must be sisters under the skin, or should that be under the gut as that sounds horribly familiar :?: :shock: :lol:

Ballerina x :heart:
10 Aug 2014, 13:44
I always try to remind myself that scales just provide a context-free number: It's up to us to provide the context but to ensure that our mood for the day/week is never set by the scales, no matter how we interpret the number. :o (Remembering all the times that I allowed myself to be demoralised by prolonged plateaux, I should have that engraved on the scales. :o )

August 3rd I weighed 114.0lbs; today I weigh 109lbs. If I'd genuinely lost >4% of my August 3 body weight in 1 week, I might be a tad concerned. :-o However, I know that a few days prior to August 3, I'd been bitten by a horsefly and my arm swelled up to just over x2 its usual size. Today, I'm 109lbs which is approx. what I'd expect now that the inflammation has gone.

I give myself a range of 5 lbs to reflect that I gain if I take an NSAID, I'm bitten by bugs, or my gut has shifted into a slowdown.
10 Aug 2014, 14:25
@sarahg. I forgot to mention in my first reply to this post that a true weight app or libra is good. I have the true weight app and enter my daily weight into it. The next day it predicts what your weight is going to be using the figures you've input previously. Here's a screen shot of mine. Dotted line is recorded weight and Solid line is true weight. It also uses all units so no conversions needed.

image.jpg
True weight shot.
10 Aug 2014, 16:20
Love mine. On them at least once a day. Also like carieoates, love my true weight app. That reminds me, haven't completed it yet today after a 2 week break. Put on 2lb. Wonder what true weight will make of that........ That's good. It has given me a true weight of 9st 1.8 lb. now after estimating the last 2 weeks. Let's see how long it takes me to get back to my 9st target that I have been maintaining.
21 posts Page 2 of 2