The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

34 posts Page 2 of 3
Yes, I echo Candy...good luck everyone!

...and Debs @Debs I'm not having Lean Cuisine, I'll be having M&S FullerLonger Paella (its yummy!) but I have got wait until 6 ish tonight. Its going to be a long old day isn't it. :cry:

Never mind, tomorrow I have an M&S (I don't have shares, honest) cream victoria sponge cake. It is truly scrumptious and I cannot WAIT until its in my mouth!

Anyway, enough of that. Hope today's fast goes well for you...and good luck with your backtoback Oatesy! Very brave indeed :wink:
@nursebean ive got a few nice ready meals from Marks in my freezer for my next fast days..slow cooked lamb ...steak and carrots...cottage pies..
I feel faintly horrified how i ' ve craved steak,lamb and fish since starting IF
Can only think my body has been going short of protein and now i can hear its message more clearly " give us meat" ..never been a big meat eater and used to be a vegetarian ( til ill health led me back to chicken in case lack of meat was making health probs worse)
Another thing i am craving - Marks sausage rolls and their tiny melton mowbray pies! :curse: gahhhhh! X
Regular fast day for me, featured items to include Chicken Chipotle and chopped Red Cabbage salad. Lot's of flavor and light on calories !
Blew my fast today. Some unexpected stress and there was the tail end of a bag of Doritos gone, along with other stuff. :frown:

On the bright side, I fasted Saturday and Monday.
Shouldn't worry then @Winsome sounds as though you're fasting pretty well to me!

Will you be watching Bake Off tonight?

:bugeyes:
Just starting my day here. This is my second fast day of the week. Bouillion cube for lunch if I need it and rotisserie chicken with vegetables (peppers, tomatoes and fennel) for dinner. Maybe a salad. Coffee, tea and water throughout the day. Good luck everyone.
Oh yes! You can't do without a nice coffee now and then can you!
Nicely busy day but tricky in some areas. Just dropping by to remind myself that although I'm paddling tonight, it's a fast day so a substantial snack before but a miso soup after unless I've been immersed in cold water for a while. :)

@Winsome - Life happens or sometimes just decides to pick you up and rattle you around a bit. One of the best parts about fasting is that it's straightforward to move it to another day if things go awry and it's convenient at another time: otherwise, we can just wait until the next allotted day without much harm done (unless there are special considerations).
Loving all of this renewed enthusiasm, and long may it continue. It's been an amazing year for me.
Also glad that any newbies can see how we fall off and climb back on that fasting wagon.

Oh Gawd it's bread on GBBO tonight.
I'm in today, Weds instead of Thurs this week as I'm traveling today & just find it easier to skip food on days like that. I'll do a salad for dinner @ destination & enjoy the rest of the weekend. We're dropping my youngest off for her first year of college. Guess I'm now an "empty nester" with whatever that will bring :) hopefully, more time to exercise??? Have a great fasting Wednesday everyone & enjoy your weekend.
I'm in, second fast of the week, and so far so good: today is carnival day here, and there are thousands of people in town just eating and drinking with gay abandon. Harrumph. I've had no brekky (which seems to works best for me), and just slices of avocado and some salad in one of Lord Warburton's Tremendous Thins for lunch. Tonight will be two scrambled x with steamed greens, and a pub quiz with fizzy water. Had a look at miso soup sachets in M&S today, as I notice that lots of our Aussie fasters have it on fast days, but I'm not sure I could cope with the onion content, which has a drastic effect on my digestion. Good luck to everyone else fasting today !
@wasafan you could always try boullion or oxo cubes they're great.
Loved Weymouth carnival went a few times when our caravan was parked down the road.
Thanks @carieoates - I will buy some veggie Oxo and give it a whirl. Not sure why tagging doesn't seem to work.
Hi everyone!

I'm coming to the end of my fast day (2nd one of the week, doing another on Friday) & it was a lot easier than Monday thankfully. Just made some turkey fajitas with guacamole & salsa for dinner - simple but satisfying, I'll put the recipe up in the recipe section.

@carieoates - I'm so excited for GBBO too! I am interested to hear how come you are doing back-to-back & your experience of it (I am tempted to on the rare occasion where it is hard to spread my fast days out over the course of the week but I'm not sure if I would manage…)

@nursebean - I am tempted to try the M&S fuller for longer range - would you recommend them? Do they indeed keep you full for the evening?

@SSure I get so cold too on fast days. Am going to have to drink lots of tea/bouillon /miso when winter hits!

Good luck fasters!
Hi Everyone,
I'm in today. Usually do a Thursday but tomorrow isn't going to work so OH and I switched to today. Had a great fast Monday, ate very little on my Tuesday feeding day, just some delicious ceviche which is so flavorful but not bad calorie wise, and today is going well. I'm glad because we have some guests next week and I'm not good at missing out on drinks and fun! I'm good alone or with OH.
Off for a long walk! Hope the day goes well for all!
34 posts Page 2 of 3