The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

35 posts Page 2 of 3
@nursebean
I have a choice of -
mash with carrot and swede
mild curry noodles
mash with onions
chicken flavour noodles
mash with cheese and broccoli
porridges
the only cooking facilities I have for the next week is a kettle :frown:
I'm not hungry today, just freezing! And not from fasting either. It has been unseasonably cold all week here, with night very close to freezing, but I just couldn't bring myself to put the furnace on in what is still technically summer. This morning it dropped to 62 degrees in the house and after feeling virtuous for 3 hours while the temperature declined to rise I decided enough was enough and flipped the switch.

I also decided I'm getting too old for New England winters. I must find someplace warmer to snowbird in!
Oh poor @peebles I sympathise. At least you're not hungry I suppose!

@Karenm? Do you mean that all you have to do is add hot water to pot?
yes @nursebean
I am hoping to get hubby to bring some boiled eggs and chicken when he visits on monday.
it's not surprising that I usually gain quite a bit of weight when little one is in hospital :-(
You can never go wrong with eggs.

Sorry to hear about your little one :heart:
Had yr evening meals yet @nursebean and fellow fasters?
Enjoy xxxxx well done on another great day x
@peebles i know it's earlier in the day for you!keep wrapped up,have hot drinks,coz if theres one thing more miserable than being cold,its being cold and fasting !x
I've so far decided to stick with what I've already had -cup a soup and a bit of veggie sausage! If I get desparate later, I've got porridge or popped crisps.
Keep your fingers crossed for me xxx
Hope my fellow fasters are doing well? :heart:
@karenm i hope you can manage to get something a bit more nutritious and more cheering for you to eat! Is there a hospital canteen/ restaurant where you could grab half an hour to sit and have a decent meal? ((((( big hugs to you & Ka )))))))
Wish you were all in Cyril having a lovely time somewhere...something to look forward to for the future anyway x
Unfortunately I can't leave ka to go to canteen. In order to get her into a side ward, I've got to stay with her. I'll be living off what I've got until Monday :frown:
I'm a bit worried about how to get enough cals tomorrow :confused:
Oh @karenm! Do you have a bed for the night?
Wish i could get a food parcel to you xx
@karenm, You are such a good mom! Perhaps you can ask someone else in the general area to bring you something to keep from starving.

@CandiceMarie, Ugh. Now I'm cold AND hungry. Too much fasting for one week, I suppose, as this is the first time I've been hungry during a fast day in many months. Oh well, I won't die from being hungry until dinner time (or for that matter, after it.) And Tomorrow is Another Day!
I've had a pear too!
Just spoken to the ward sister and she said they'll keep an eye on her tomorrow so I can grab something to eat. I'm hoping the canteen does a takeout roast dinner :wink:
Oh i' m so glad @karenm x x!
@peebles hope dindins time rolls round soon.well done on keeping going x
Dinbdin has come and gone. Cabbage, salsa, and chicken soup, a ham sandwich on a slice of very dark, dense rye bread with a wedge of diet Laughing Cow cheese, brussels sprouts, and 0% Fage yogurt with two sliced strawberries for dessert.

And tomorrow we have a lovely pork loin roast to look forward to and my favorite ice cream, which I rarely bring home.
I guess I'm fasting for the rest of today and tomorrow. I have recently changed my routine to 16:8, but eating in the 7am to 3pm window and it's going well. Additionally, one 24 hour fast a week which is this afternoon through to tomorrow afternoon when I'm going out with a friend for to vietnamese/french tapas bar. It's a great place and the thought of being able to enjoy fresh, clean and spicy ingredients post fast is keeping me motivated. :cool:
35 posts Page 2 of 3