The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

15 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi New but not to fasting
25 Sep 2014, 04:03
Hi All
I have about 70 lbs to lose. In April I started ADF and lose 22 lbs. Fell off, why? I have no reason. So now i am back to where I started. I would love to be down 25 lbs by Christmas. I have been married for 30 years to a wonderful man, have a great 14 year old. Love my job working with people in need. My weight is my only thing that drives me nuts. Not any more :wink:
Re: Hi New but not to fasting
25 Sep 2014, 04:39
Hi faith and welcome to a lovely forum. You know what to do so I won't give advice, just a warm welcome and remember that we're all here if you have any questions.
Xxx Julianna
25 Sep 2014, 05:36
and welcome from me too. 70 pounds! That's massive! Just take it gently and keep coming to the forum. We're all in this together.
25 Sep 2014, 06:12
Hello and welcome from me too. There are plenty of us here who have done well and then fallen off the wagon. And as the lovely Candy @CandiceMarie says....
"Get back on your horse and go clip clippety clop"
Good luck and see you on the Fasting today thread real soon!
25 Sep 2014, 07:06
Welcome back! Are you going to do ADF again, or would it be an idea to just do the standard 5:2, no extra restrictions, until you are in the swing of it again, and see how your weight is trending, and then make adjustments. I know you are keen to lose quite a bit of weight in a short time, but a slightly slower approach may be better in the longer term?

But you know best of course, and I am sure you learnt lots from your experience last time.

Very best wishes and do keep us posted on your progress. :)
25 Sep 2014, 07:17
Welcome back Faith and good luck, have you joined the Xmas challenge, it starts on 1 October but you can register now, at the last count there were 70 members strong!
25 Sep 2014, 07:21
Hi there and welcome to the forum......good luck on your journey. If you are doing ADF come join us in the ADF tent and join in our no crisps till Christmas challenge!
25 Sep 2014, 08:03
Hello Faith - Just to say that I've been fasting since 2011 and have seen a number of people drift away from the WOL, only to return to it and have a successful reboot of the strategy that takes them all the way to their health and other goals.

The fabulously helpful forum member @P-JK has devised an online calculator that predicts the rate of weight loss and adjusts for lowered TDEE as weight decreases.

Find it here: http://insightmaker.com/insight/9320

It's usually easier to integrate something as substantially different as fasting into your WOL if you have RL or forum support from people who understand what you're doing :)

Good Luck. :clover:
25 Sep 2014, 11:12
Hi Faith,

Good Luck with the new phase of your weight loss. Enjoy!
Kelly
25 Sep 2014, 11:25
Hi Faith and welcome
Why we fall off the wagon is one of the greatest mysteries that this world holds!
It happens to so many of us,me included...we do well,then we put weight back on coz somehow somewhere we lose our mojos
All we can do is pick ourselves up,dust ourselves down,start all over again! :like:
Good luck resuming yr journey! X get that missing piece of the jigsaw back in place!
25 Sep 2014, 11:43
Hi Faith and welcome! we have a bit in common, as I have almost 70 pounds I'd like to lose and I also have a 14 year old :-)
25 Sep 2014, 13:54
Hi @faith And Welcome to the forum :like:
Well as you've had great success with fasting for weightloss before you know exactly what needs to be done,
At my start I wanted to lose 100lbs so I'm in this for the long haul too, and have needed to ride out the rough patch losing very little this year for whatever the reason, difficult times but I'm sticking with it and plodding on. Good luck and please let us all know how its going for you on your return. :clover: :clover: Sue
26 Sep 2014, 05:02
Thanks Sue Q for the warm welcome . I'm excited to be back. I am already down 6lbs. Yipee! Tomorrow is my fast day. Why did I ever stop? Oh well I am back in full force. This is a journey to health and we can do this together :)
26 Sep 2014, 05:20
Thanks all for the Warm Welcome and encouragement :) It makes my day. I love the success stories,it is inspiring. i think my first goal is 25 lbs by Christmas. I have joined the Christmas Challenge.
15 posts Page 1 of 1