The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Exercising on a fast day?
28 Sep 2014, 18:14
Hello,

I'm joining the Xmas challenge on Wednesday after about a year away from IF and I wondered about my exercise. I apologise if the answers are in the forum already, I haven't been able to find anything from searching.

Do people exercise on a FAST day, or is it best to exercise on a food day please?

So far, my plan is to fast on Mon,Weds&Fri but I will also have body combat classes on a Weds and also play netball on a monday.....

What are peoples experiences of exercising on a fast day please? good or hard?

Thanks in advance,

JB x
Re: Exercising on a fast day?
28 Sep 2014, 18:45
I do circuit training on a Monday night after fasting and I don't have any problems. I've also run regularly on fast days. Occasionally I might running a little harder on the day after a fast day but I can't pin that down to fasting as there are so many other possible reasons. I just completely carry on as normal whether it is a fast day or not. Good luck x
28 Sep 2014, 18:46
28 Sep 2014, 19:08
Thanks so much ladies... and what a good link to a great thread!

I think I remember you from when I first fasted Carorees back in 2013... super job on continuing and reaching your amazing goal!! you have inspired me to stick at it this time - this really is my last 'diet' I'll ever do!!

FAST FOR LIFE! :)

JB x
28 Sep 2014, 22:03
I find that the morning after a fast day is when I have the least energy, so try and time my weight training for the morning of a fast day rather than the day after.

But other than that, yes, plenty of exercise on a fast day.
29 Sep 2014, 00:44
I often exercise on fast days. If I suspect the exercise I am doing will cause me to get hungry, I try to do it in the early evening so that dinner will naturally follow.
29 Sep 2014, 02:15
I exercise for 20 mins in the mornings on fast days and I am not hungry at all for the rest day. Exercise really cuts my appetite. :)
29 Sep 2014, 12:03
I exercise at the beginning of a fast day and at the end of a fast day.
Yesterday I did a 5k obstacle course empty. Ie no brekkie. And I'm still here to tell the tale.
When I look back at my blog from when I first started IF, I too was scared to exercise on fast days. :shock:
29 Sep 2014, 15:14
I exercise on a fast day (5-6k run) but within an hour or so afterwards I'll have a bowl with full fat yoghurt or quark, a piece of fruit chopped and a small handful of seeds. I don't count calories so I probably end up eating 900-1000 calories if I would count. I have noticed cramping if I don't eat some protein (and added magnesium).
29 Sep 2014, 17:28
Hi there @Juliebulie10 I ADF and am doing Insanity at the moment. I try and workout in the morning on fast days, I feel no ill effects from running on empty, doesn't make me hungry, infact I feel more energised!
Try it and see how it goes
29 Sep 2014, 17:54
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your replies - that is just what I was hoping to hear!

I'm almost at the end of my first fast day having eaten only about 2 tablespoons of homemade simple bolognese (what I made for the family) at about 19:45 AFTER getting back from my Body Combat class. I felt good, about the same as on a food day so that's great!

I so hope that I can get this timber shifting, as there is nothing worse than watching a load of fit (slim) women jumping up and down in the mirrors, but when I catch a glimpse of myself and all the fat is jiggling about - bleugrggghhh....... I could cry seeing the state I have got myself in AGAIN!!

(this time last year I was on a foodpack/abstinent diet and about 2 stone lighter that I am at the moment)

Anyhoooo..... just wanted to let you guys know I SURVIVED!!

Just about to have a lowfat Horlicks for my supper and BED

JB x
11 posts Page 1 of 1