The FastDay Forum

Resources & Links

6 posts Page 1 of 1
this came into my facebook via Marks daily apple

i know that a lot of people do the bulletproof coffee thing. I dont but in case its of interest..

http://rebootedbody.com/bulletproof-coffee-warning/
Thanks for posting this. Whoever wrote it does not understand the Bulletproof IF protocol which I'm currently following (female version). I wholeheartedly agree that it would be highly dangerous if this was used as a meal replacement consistently over time with no other food. The nutritional deficit would be horrific.

The coffee with butter and MCT is supposed to be used during the 'fasting' period, which can still give all of the benefits of autophagy (no protein, and often keeps low carbers in ketosis), during the fasting window. This means that anyone using the Bulletproof IF method is actually taking in more calories than on 5:2 and 4:3 in a week as more than 400 calories alone is taken up by coffee during the fasting window. This still leaves room to eat up to TDEE when the window opens.

Taking a one woman example. In the last two weeks, I have eaten 1000 calories more each week biohacking fasting windows in conjunction with bulletproof coffee. I have lost more weight than regular 5:2 and it's bumped me off a very long plateau. Whether this is because I'm combining it with lower carbs or if the liquid fat is taking the pressure off my adrenals during the fasting window - who knows. However I'm giving it a full month trial and will judge the results by how I feel and my % body fat (not weight).

I thought it important to give the other perspective. I will report back my results soon!
OMG I am just so out if touch, I just drink normal coffee :-) I did try coffee with coconut oil after reading about it here, it was so disgusting I threw up :shock: my trouble is I like fat on my carbs :grin:
Oh dear @gmh. Fat + carbs = bad things happen. But you knew that already. Sorry it made you sick. You could always try cream :shock: :shock: :shock:
@rawkaren I can only just come with full cream milk after all those years if skinny milk :-) always hated cream in my coffee, it's the global of fat floating about that makes me nauseous. Never mind my coffee is cannon proof it's so strong lol BTW I fast so I can eat carbs and fat. After 20 years of no butter I slap it on my gourmet bread yum! Will I die? :wink:
Goodness GMH (can't yoohoo you as pesky yellow band obfuscating tab), my DH is like you he struggles with the habit of our years of low fat high carb eating so balks at my now lashings of butter. So to me sometimes as in last night pork meat balls in sour cream and dill was so rich but really delicious.

Don't think you will die but might have to stay with us here for a while
6 posts Page 1 of 1