The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Good Morning!
10 Nov 2014, 14:28
I am restarting 5:2 today, fasting today and tomorrow. I was successful at this back in 2013, but as time went on, I just never got around to doing my second fasting day of the week, then I just gave up. This time around, after reading the book The 2 Day Diet Quick and Easy by Dr. Harvie, I am doing two consecutive days in a row, to make sure I actually do them! Also, I'll be eating a bit more than the 500 cals a day, as fasting researchers believe the two consecutive days burn more fat than any two days a week, and I believe I will lose eating 600 cals or so. We'll see as time goes on. I'll post my weigh-in next Monday.

I'm so glad to be back on this plan. I tried the 8 hour diet for over a month and gained weight, so that form of fasting isn't for me. The last time I did 5:2, I lost 7 lbs. in the month, until I slacked off. I'm back in!

Have a great day everyone. Sheryl
Re: Good Morning!
10 Nov 2014, 15:32
Hello and welcome.
There are so many variations to Intemittent fasting that there's one method to suit everyone. Shame you can't revert back to when you had it down to a tee. But good luck and keep us posted.
10 Nov 2014, 15:39
Thanks Carie. I'm confident that the two consecutive fasting days will ensure that I actually get them done!
Other than that, and adding a bit more cals to my fasting days, I'll just be doing what I did before. ANYTHING'S better than going back to Weight Watchers!
10 Nov 2014, 15:55
Oh I'm like you @Sheryl in that I used to do ADF which was working for me but then Christmas came...and holidays and, well, I just can't get back on track. Like you, though, I'm going to start with 5:2 I think, maybe 4:3 or maybe I'll try 4:3 if 5:2 doesn't work. I hadn't thought of trying the 2 fasting days back to back. What is the benefit of this?
Maybe I could started fasting on Wednesdays and Thursday so that my fasts won't interfere with my fun! :wink:
10 Nov 2014, 21:11
Good morning and welcome Sheryl. I read on your other post that you are over WW. Me too! I am a life time member who has lost a large amount of weight with them twice and this time as i stacked the weight on again I just couldn't go back there again because even though I knew I would lose weight by counting points, I knew I couldn't do it for the rest of my life which I realized was what I needed to keep the weight off. Then came in 5:2! Perfect timing.
When I think about the $$$ I've spent there at WW, not only on membership but all of their food like substances that cost a bomb I realize they are there to help me lose weight but mostly to make money especially as we come back again and again after each weight regain.
Im am still very excited about 5:2 after 20 months and know I can do it forever.
Good luck, xxx julianna
10 Nov 2014, 22:01
It's good to see that you have a workable plan. Do take your measurements so that you can monitor your progress in more ways than the weighing scale.

Join the the Fasting Today threads as they can be helpful :) Good Luck and post updates of how you're progressing, please. :)
6 posts Page 1 of 1