The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
first fasting day
17 Dec 2014, 08:53
Well I got through my first fast day yesterday. I had homemade minestrone (recepie from website) and popcorn all for dinner, am I doing it right so far? It wasn't as bad as I thought, although, had a bit of a headache in the afternoon. I felt really good when I got up this morning though. I will be doing it again tomorrow. thanks to all for your support.
Re: first fasting day
17 Dec 2014, 09:50
That sounds like you're doing it right to me Eve. Yay! I'm also impressed that you got through your first fast without eating till dinner. Well done!
Xxx julianna
17 Dec 2014, 09:58
Hi Eve
All you have to do to "do it right" is eat no more than 500 cals between your last meal on the day before your fast day, and your first meal on the day after your fast day. And it sounds like that's what you have done. :D
Do make sure you drink enough on the fast day, and have the usual amount of caffeine that you would have on any day. And keep busy!
Best wishes for the next fast. :)
17 Dec 2014, 11:16
Well done, Eve! Sounds like you're doing it right to me :-)
17 Dec 2014, 11:22
You're doing just fine. :) Which pattern of fasting are you following if you did a fast day yesterday and have one planned for tomorrow?
17 Dec 2014, 11:59
SSure wrote: You're doing just fine. :) Which pattern of fasting are you following if you did a fast day yesterday and have one planned for tomorrow?

Hi, doing the 5:2, but chose not to do it on consecutive days for now. :smile:
17 Dec 2014, 12:34
eve54 wrote: doing the 5:2, but chose not to do it on consecutive days for now. :smile:

It's not necessary to do consecutive days unless you're following the Genesis 5:2 protocol rather than this one - so, that's fine. I just wasn't too sure if you were following ADF/EOD.

Good Luck :clover:
17 Dec 2014, 13:03
Wow well done you for going all day straight off. Try a coffee, oxo cuppa soup or a Boullion. They help me.
Good luck.
8 posts Page 1 of 1