The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Up half a kilo after a fast !
09 Jan 2015, 23:30
So , the end of a week ,two fasts and five normal but controlled days and I am up half a kilo
So her I am trying this 5/2 again because I now weigh three kilos more than when I stopped fasting 18 months ago
I had a really good week.my fasts were controlled and I ate well on nonfast days and I did power yoga every day so can I have put on weight???
Sarahg wrote: So , the end of a week ,two fasts and five normal but controlled days and I am up half a kilo
So her I am trying this 5/2 again because I now weigh three kilos more than when I stopped fasting 18 months ago
I had a really good week.my fasts were controlled and I ate well on nonfast days and I did power yoga every day so can I have put on weight???

Possibly nothing to worry much about because daily weight gain/loss from water alone can average 2 kilos. Continuing with 5:2 for a while will likely set things right.
Some articles in the library may be relevant to you, e.g., https://www.fastday.com/fasting/why-am- ... t-fasting/

ETA: lots of useful articles linked in the 'Newbies' thread which is worth reading even by veterans as a refresher from time to time. :) 5-2-diet-chat-f6/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered-t13421.html
Well done, @Sarahg, on coming back to 5:2. :grin: It worked well for you before and you have maintained for eighteen months.(3 kg is nothing compared to what I have put on from time to time in the last eighteen months and I class myself as a maintainer!) You have been very good and probably feel that you deserve a weight loss but you are experienced enough to know that your body doesn't always work in ways that you expect it to!As ADFnFuel says, you have to just keep going for a while and it will work! :victory:

May I just ask if the 'power yoga' is a recent introduction to your life style? If it is, there will be muscle damage (even if you don't feel it) and along with the healing process goes water retention. I don't understand the science but it is widely acknowledge on the forum that this is the case but I understand that it doesn't last once your muscles are used to a new form of exercise - so don't give it up!

I'm sure that you will soon lose your extra weight. Don't be discouraged - just keep on, keeping on and all will be well! :smile:
Thanks Stowgate,
I have been doing a lot more exercise lately..have always done yoga but recently increased frequency and intensity so it could be that.anyway I am not giving up.just know it's going to take awhile.
Fasting today
Try measuring as well as weighing. Your waist size might come down even when your weight doesn't, especially if you're experiencing exercise related inflammation.

Good luck!
6 posts Page 1 of 1