The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

13 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting Friday 27th February
27 Feb 2015, 02:02
Good Morning Fasters :-D

Yesterday was to be my fast day but I was happily derailed by my husband cooking dinner and afters for only the 3rd time in our 25 year marriage so I am on board today.

Happy Friday :clover:
I wish all Friday fasters a successful and easy day. :clover:
Our evening meal is frozen and planned (meatballs and Spring Greens, delicious) so can now forget about food till then. I'm hoping that my OH will start up 5:2 again soon. He's recovering well from his heart operation and says he's ready to get back to that routine, having done it so well for nearly 2 years. I think it will definitely help overall fitness!
Katharina wrote: I'm hoping that my OH will start up 5:2 again soon.

My husband has been asking a lot of questions about 5:2 so I too am hoping he'll join me in this endevour @Katharina.

It's been a long day but at 4.30 pm Perth, Western Australian time I've managed on a cup of miso (22calories) for lunch and nibbling a diced turnip (20 calories) since leaving me a massive 458 calories for the this evening.

I say massive as my evening meal is usually 300-350 calories :victory:

Happy weekend fasters!
I'm in for my usual Friday fast.

@Cyclonet you made me laugh my husband has cooked twice in 23 years .. and one of those was poached egg on toast when I was ill which doesn't really count , so I think that is more than enough reason to abandon a fast day :grin:

Just had two big mugs of hot water and ACV and then onto black coffee until my protein bar at 1pm although I have just had to put a second fleece on as I'm really cold this morning.

Good luck fellow Friday fasters :clover:
Oh yes, you definitely can't miss out on the rare occasion that is your husband's cooking! Was it good @Cyclonet? :confused:
Not many peeps fasting today. I'm not in but I thought I drop in and wish you all the best and hope you pass the whole day without even so much as one peckishness (is that a word? If not, it should be ;) )
Have a fab Friday fast! xx
Late check-in but as it's Friday, I'm fasting as part of my regular 4:3.

I'd really like to lie down on the nearest bit of grass and snooze in the current sunshine. :)

:clover: to today's fasters.
Hi everyone! Today is my first day in 5:2, and my first fast day. Just had lunch, if I can even call it that.
Am definately hungry, but this to shall pass:)
Hello All
I am also fasting today; my third one of the week. I am back to fasting this week after a few weeks off. I am feeling a lot slimmer today than I was this time last week :cool: ... looking forward to a weigh in tomorrow :geek:
Today, I had a bowl of fat free yogurt for breakfast at 7.30. It's now nearly 2pm...I'm getting rumbly so going to have a pot of herbal tea now and then will have a lovely 400 cals for dinner time (eggs and vegetables) and a tiny portion of my beloved fast day sunflower seeds...feel very decadent on a fast day (I only have 10g or 15g but I eat them so slowly!!)
Hope you all have a great day and special vibes going out to @Norwegian_girl. Hope your first fast goes OK!
Kelly
x
Friday is what I think of as a 1/2 fast day for me. I'll fast until dinner per usual, but I'll break my fast late in the evening with a feed day size meal. This is my first week of my fast diet reboot and did well on my Monday and Wednesday fasts. I'm hoping today goes as well.

Good luck all! :clover:
nursebean wrote: Was it good @Cyclonet?

It was okayish :confused: I ate it all though as I didn't want to discourage him from cooking again :grin:
Hi @norwegian_girl and welcome! Hope yr day is going well x
Good luck fantastic friday friends! X X
Good to see you in this thread, Norwegian-girl, and I'm glad you've had such a positive experience of your first fast day. Well Done!

I've finished my baking for the weekend (well, until Sunday when I'll bake/cook for the week) so after my last few bits of washing-up it will be time for another early night.

It's been a peaceful fasting day (appetite-wise) for me - and I hope the same is true for those with many more hours to go. :clover:
Well I blew my 1/2 fast today. I watched my friend's 2 year old today while my friend worked. Her day was a bit rough so she walked in my house with booze for her and me. We had a couple of drinks while chatting and playing with the kiddo. It was a nice time. Was worth the calories. No regrets!
13 posts Page 1 of 1