The FastDay Forum

Delighted or Disappointed?

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi folks just had to tell someone, :smile: I have lost a stone since 5/1/15 I am over the moon :victory:
I still have a stone to lose and preferably a few more lbs as well, although I will see how I feel when I get there.
I can't say I feel much different although I don't have as many chins :wink: I was still squeezing into my usual clothes but as its winter I could hide most of my spare tyres under baggy cardigans! My clothes do feel a little looser but I still have a long way to go to feel confident.
I'm just over 5 ft tall and I know another stone doesn't sound a great deal, but on my frame it is.
Anyway ramble over :oops:
Nice one, well done you!
us shorties need to stick together. 4lbs makes such a difference and is so much easier than a whole stone.
I'm back after a short planned break. I won't weigh until next month and hope I can do as well as you :like:
Yaaay well done that is absolutely brilliant !!

It sucks being short I am just about 5ft 2 on a good day myself so every pound looks and feels like about 5 to me so loosing that much since the start of Jan is excellent :-)

I've got about another 10 pounds to go until my "I'll see how I feel " weight so good luck with yours and three cheers for us shorties !
Congrats!! Onward and downward!!
You must be feeling very pleased with yourself, that is quite a loss in a short time! Well done. :) Best wishes for the remaining stone and a bit! :clover:
Doing a happy little dance with you Jan! X

Great start to the year!
Well done jan, I'm doing the weight loss jig for you.........
We're about the same BMI I see. :oops:
Well done!! That's fantastic for such a short period of time! You're going to make everyone jealous :-)
Congratulations and have you peeped into the Really Short People's Tent? :)

fastonbury-glamping-grounds-f34/really-short-people-tent-t8908.html?hilit=shorties%20tent
Thank you everyone for the lovely messages :like:
@ssureI didn't know there was a short person tent I will have a look thanks
I was lb short of 11 stone when I started :oops: I'm now 9 stone 13 those numbers although only a stone apart seem physcologically miles apart. I'm sure things will slow down now and I'm ready for that. Having done 5.2 before and put it all back on again and more,I have every intention of keeping it off.
It takes a whole lot of effort to do this and no effort at all to scoff rubbish :wink:
Janpartly wrote: It takes a whole lot of effort to do this and no effort at all to scoff rubbish :wink:

A hand wave apology to those who've seen me quote this previously on the topic of habits (and self-sabotage, negative self-talk, negative beliefs about the self are mostly all habits rather than grounded in reality).
A good analogy I got from Gary De Rodriguez on conditioned behaviour was likening neural pathways to tracks in a forest. When choosing a path through a dense forest, it's generally your first response to take the pre-existing, well established clear path available rather than create a new path by smashing straight through the thick scrub into the unknown. The well worn path may not be the quickest or most direct route or even take you to where you want to go but when making a quick or unconscious decision it seems the obvious option - just go the way you've always gone. Changing where you go requires creating a new track which is not easy and even after you make a new path for the first time, the next time you come back, the old familiar well worn path still has its appeal compared to the skinny, faint little track you just hacked. The choice is still there to take the old track. Not only do you have to repeatedly keep taking the new route to make it become the most obvious option, you have to stop using the previous track to let it overgrow and fade back into the forest to where it appears like it was never there.

Sometimes, you've been doing really well on establishing a new path. But, a stressor starts directing you away from the new path, and the next thing you know, you've broken through the over-growth and you're back on the old, familiar way. (And maybe the path of regain.)

Reflecting on false beliefs can be helpful - and some people do that as a prelude to thinking: "I'm doing that weird thing again where I want to eat to distract myself from what I'm feeling". What is useful for some people is to observe yourself thinking that, to abstain from judging yourself for having that thought, or a desire to eat when you're not hungry, or to "scoff rubbish" and to be aware that having that thought or drive doesn't necessarily mean that you are compelled to act upon it. And, the more frequently that you can have that thought or drive without acting on it, the more opportunity there is for the original habit/way to lose its attraction, and the practice there is at behaving differently or following the new track.
Gah! No weight loss this week :frown: I knew it was bound to happen and I realise I've lost a lot of weight in a short time, but it really gets my goat when I've been good as gold :confused: ah well I'll keep on keeping on, there's no other option.
Hi Jan, congrats you have done so well! :like: It took me the last 6 months of 2014 to lose the last 4lbs that made the REAL difference to me, it was a challenge. In hindsight I think it would have been better for me to maintain over winter and lose the 4 lbs this coming spring. :cool: I'm sure you feel great, so enjoy it (no rush) - and to finding your way to this sustainable way of life.
Just an update.
I decided I needed some new jeans as I have been living in leggings due to the fact my old jeans were cutting off the circulation :oops: I plumped for a size 12 thinking if they didn't fit today by the time I've lost thre rest of my weight they will do.
I was surprised and delighted that they fit comfortably :lol: so I put some heels on and my favourite coat ( which was far too tight to wear ) and I felt fab :like:
There's still a way to go, i have a wardrobe full of lovely summer clothes I bought last year when I was a stone lighter and I fully intend to wear them this summer. :wink:
14 posts Page 1 of 1