The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

491 posts Page 18 of 33
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 33 Next
Weights
day 3: 20 squats
20 lunges - my knees didn't like that very much after the squats
20 bridges - what on earth use are they?
6.2 mile jog. Perfect conditions, cool, bit of Sun, gentle breeze.
HIT on the elliptical
Back, Bis, rear delts, abs (60 mins)
Stationary bike (45 mins- moderate)
A 3 mile walk along the Tyne in Gateshead. After two jogging days on the trot I did not force the pace. Lovely hazy sunshine, mild and still.
Swimming
Did my "tone" exercise class last night and Body Pump tonight - have also taken a dog for a fairly brisk half hour walk both days!
3.6 mile walk up Penrith Beacon. A little Sun by the time I started. Chuffed because I had just seen the 90 - 95% eclipse of the Sun, after having given up on it because of the overcast and drizzly start to the morning. For around 20 seconds at 9.25 the thicker clouds parted but there was still a veil and I could safely see a pale blue crescent with a dark grey disk to the right and slightly above it. Not again in my lifetime.
Back to pounding the pavements after 2 days in fell boots. OH told me he was going into Carlisle by train, but he failed to get up in time, so I drove him in again.

This time I had 3 hours to play with so made stage 4 of my Carlisle Circular 6.7 miles from Eden Bridge to the Cemetery. This took a tad over 2 hours, bringing the cumulative distance and walking time 20 miles and 6 hours 20 minutes. I think the last stage will be shorter. As a circular walk from the Sands Centre I covered 8.25 miles today.

Road walking has spoiled me, I have a lot of little aches from my two days on uneven surfaces.
Gym - ran 2 miles, burned 250 calories, left feeling v. virtuous!
Sunday cycle ride; Monday weights
4.5 mile road walk. Cool, breezy, sunny.
5.7 mile jog. Perfect weather again. Sunny, cool, light breeze.
2 x Village Round.
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 33 Next
491 posts Page 18 of 33