The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

491 posts Page 19 of 33
Previous 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 33 Next
HIT
7.5 mile jog. I was on form today, so I actually ran about 6.5 miles of it. I never know whether I am on form until I set out. Sadly I seem to do better when I am out on my own. Perhaps because I feel under less pressure to keep running. Knowing I can have a walk break whenever I like, I postpone them.
Good idea Debinapril.
I did 20 min fast walking on the treadmill and plan on doing more later. Along with some weight lifting today.
Had a fast day yesterday that went great.
4.5 mile walk. Serious rain.
Yesterday, I planted about 30 small trees (with a friend) so did lots of digging. Today, I swam 1km in about 22 minutes (front crawl), followed by a very much more leisurely 600m of mixed strokes. The trouble is, I could do with a sleep now!
I used the remote a couple of times to change channels but Netflix' new series "Bloodlines" is rather addictive so I didn't need to do that very often! ;)
Hehe @nursebean!
I skipped two meals coz i' m fasting :lol: ( sorry folks x)
4.8 mile road walk. Damp, grey, not too windy.
6.75 mile walk of which 3.5 miles was the last stage of my Carlisle Circular. Then I lost my pedometer. High priority to go out and get another, but I've already got 16,000 steps for today and will be mainly in this chair!

So, the full Carlisle Circular comes in at 23.5 miles and would take me 7.5 hours to walk, exclusive of comfort stops. Just short of a marathon, but to be undertaken in trainers in hopes of completion in 4 to 4.5 hours. No signs of summer just yet, though.
@barbarita, one could get the impression that you're the only one here exercising! haha

I did a long cycle ride on Sunday, but then nothing yesterday. I'm hoping to squeeze in a workout today (HIT) but I have plans after work, so it will have to be at lunchtime.

I'm doing ok with exercise but I skip too many days. Pretty soon I'm going to have a personal trainer (!), a friend who got his certification recently and wants guinea pigs to practice on. Hopefully that will get me back on track.
MaryAnn wrote: @barbarita, one could get the impression that you're the only one here exercising! haha

No, but it's more fun if I get to bore people too. :lol: Today is my first rest day, it's horribly windy and I won't enjoy jogging in similar tomorrow.
Rest today, but yesterday was physical therapy day. I did Foam Rolling all major muscles of legs and back, active stretching hip muscles, mat excercises for hip and back including Clam Shells, Fire Hydrant blah, blah :). Then balance exercises, standing on one foot throwing ball into springboard etc, and finally ran on Alter-G treadmill at 80% of weight for 20 mins. Then deep massage, ice and elcectrolysis. 2 hrs .... Sound like fun ?
Friday: running on the treadmill. only about 4k, but it was my first run since November because of my problem with plantar fasciitis, so I deliberately took it easy. Still I have been sore for days afterward!
Sunday: swimming
Monday: running on the treadmill again. Still only ~4k.

I'm happy to be getting back in the swing of things again after a bad week last week...
Hopefully back in the exercise groove. The gym in the building is finally open so in I went and did 20 mins on the bike and 15 mins floor work. Our wee apartment has so little floor space that exercising is difficult and it's too hot for outside now.
Hoping the pool is above freezing now and that can get added. Might explore that later today.
Not long until I get home to Scotland and exercise possibilities are everywhere. No excuses then :)
I am struggling with Fasting days, so I eat about midday and then my evening meal - approx. 700 cal in total, but its better than nothing. :smile:

As a lazy exerciser I discovered indoor water aerobics just after Xmas and I just love it. I go three mornings a week and sometimes go into the hydrotherapy pool on the week ends. It's the best exercise regime I have ever done and stuck with! On my non-pool days I might go for a brisk walk or do 10-15 mins on the stationary bike. :smile:

I am looking forward to going back into the pool tomorrow morning, and I love the groovy music we work to, lots of 60's stuff - my kind of music and I get fit at the same time. Makes up for the ikky moment later when I have to towel off, have a shower, get dressed, etc.... :frown: :frown:

cheers
Maggie :smile: :smile:
Previous 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 33 Next
491 posts Page 19 of 33