The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

11 posts Page 1 of 1
New to Fasting
12 Apr 2015, 06:48
Hello everyone
Just thought I would like introduce myself, I am a 47 year man from Lincolnshire in the UK, who has realised that I need to lose weight for my health. My brother has been on this diet for some time and have lost a lot of weight and has dropped a few inches on his waist, so it my time. My brother has called this diet his new way of life so I will call it that myself and have given my a copy of the book to read.
I feel that I could do with losing about 50lb to 70lbs and about 5 inches from my waist. so I have a challenge on my hands.
All the best to you all and I look forward to hearing from you all on tips to manage my new way of life.

Ted1968
Re: New to Fasting
12 Apr 2015, 07:03
Hello and welcome from me.
So glad you popped in and you now need to settle down with a cuppa, read the FAQs and join in with the chat. We have a fasting today thread which you can connect with when ready. Seeing your brother do well is very good inventive to join this happy bunch of fasters. Is he a member here?
You've done the measuring so now use the forum progress tracker to help yourself even more it can be private or visible like mine, just press the cog and you'll see that I've been on holidays, had a good Xmas and so on. Good luck and see you Monday maybe?
12 Apr 2015, 07:19
Just a quick note of a warm welcome while watching the Grand Prix with a cup of black coffee- No Milk or Sugar.

Ted

carieoates wrote: Hello and welcome from me.
So glad you popped in and you now need to settle down with a cuppa, read the FAQs and join in with the chat. We have a fasting today thread which you can connect with when ready. Seeing your brother do well is very good inventive to join this happy bunch of fasters. Is he a member here?
You've done the measuring so now use the forum progress tracker to help yourself even more it can be private or visible like mine, just press the cog and you'll see that I've been on holidays, had a good Xmas and so on. Good luck and see you Monday maybe?
12 Apr 2015, 07:59
Welcome Ted! I echo all that Carie said and wish you a happy fasting journey! X
12 Apr 2015, 08:00
PS your profile is showing you as female. You might like to change that as it affects your cal allowance!! As a male you get more.
12 Apr 2015, 09:38
Welcome Ted. My sister is doing 5:2 now after seeing my success. She's lost 5 kg I think so far and I've lost 13kg - although i think I've put a bit on lately. As you realise, it is a way of life - you will see it called 'WOE' here. I have just come back from a weight loss holiday but I'm in with a vengeance to knock off that weight.
12 Apr 2015, 10:33
@Ted1968 a warm welcome from me too - good luck on your journey and do let us know how you get on. :clover:
12 Apr 2015, 14:07
Hi Carrie
Thanks for that, I was wondering why its saying Female when I entered into my Tracker Male and is show Male on my Home screen.
That's the only place its asked me to enter my gender.

carieoates wrote: PS your profile is showing you as female. You might like to change that as it affects your cal allowance!! As a male you get more.
13 Apr 2015, 01:33
Welcome and good luck, @Ted1968!
13 Apr 2015, 04:55
Welcome to this wonderful way of life Ted.. You will not regret the change.
13 Apr 2015, 11:20
Welcome to a fellow Lincolnshire resident, @Ted1968! I've been following this WOL for two years and four months! I am at maintenance now and am so relieved to have finally found a WOL which has stopped the yo-yo dieting which I have done for years. :victory:
This forum has been invaluable on my weight loss and maintenance 'journey' and I am sure that, if you visit regularly, it will be of enormous help to you too. Good luck! :clover:
11 posts Page 1 of 1