The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

491 posts Page 21 of 33
Previous 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 33 Next
I am not running today but doing lots of walking. I will run tomorrow instead. Just can't fit it in today.
Made it to the gym while the bread was proving. Effiecient eh?
10 mins on the cross trianer - hate it, 10 mins on bike - not much better .
Then 15 mins intensive nasty mat stuff from some dancer person on nike fit.
oooh it hurt.
I do wonder if I'm doing any good apart from trying to establish goood habits.
So looking forward to being able to walk when I go home...
Well I did do loads of walking yesterday as planned. Today I have been for a run already. It says I did 4 miles in combination of running and walking.
I managed to take my little pooches out for their constitutional. It was another beautiful day, if a bit on the chilly side. The golf course is beautiful. All good in the hood! :smile:
Saturday morning step class. Great instructor, lots of tricky choreography. Good for the brain as well as the body.
I have started a new exercise program since moving into our new home 18 months ago. Its quite a long house and our bedroom is at the back upstairs. Our computer is in the office at the front. So I log into netbanking to pay bills, start the process find out I need to get an SMS code on my phone to complete task, but where is phone - in the bedroom upstairs of course. I do it everytime which is just as well because my other exercise routine is not so good at the moment :grin:
Cycling. I was so tired afterward. I must be doing something right!
I managed 22 minutes of jogging today. I am pleased as it's my first time over 20 minutes for months.
Good on you @Brand-ie. It feels good when you see an improvement doesn't it. :)
I've managed 9k on the bike in 20 mins and then 15 mins arms. The arms one was brutal and I didn't manage it all, but it was the first time. I'll do it again and hopefully manage more.
Happy just to get doing something every day at the moment. Not succeeding, but trying none the less. :oops:
Hello, I thought I'd join in. After a long winter here (both weatherwise and "lifewise") I started exercising again last week. I started swimming at the local community center. I used to do it in college (over 20 years ago) and had been wanting to try it, but was a bit nervous. But, then someone I know said they wanted to do it too, so we went together. I went last Sunday and yesterday. It was great. The first week I did about 1/3 mile and yesterday I did 1/2 mile. It was MUCH harder than I expected and I have to stop between most laps, but I feel like it will be such a great way to get into shape!
I also walked twice last week - 3 miles (about 5K) each time. I haven't started adding running yet.
I was off from work last week and returning today, so it will be a bit harder to get in the exercise, but my plan for now is to get 3 days in. Swimming on Sundays, walking 2 other days.
Thanks for letting me share!
Just back from an hour of Pilates. Into the garden soon and then a walk for our new dog. I'll sleep well tonight! :sleepy:
Does pulling the sitting room apart and hoovering searching for the mouse the cat bought in last night count because it certainly feels like it :bugeyes: I didn't catch the flipping thing either it dashed off into the dinning room and where is the cat outside sunning itself :dazed:
I have proximal hamstring tendinopathy so I've not been able to run, my one exercise love, in 13 months. After more than a year of treatment my physio suggested I join a gym to focus on strength and conditioning training.

Friday and again today I did my first classes in over a decade. CXWorx (abdominals) and Body Step Express (legs).

Friday afternoon I felt pretty good. Saturday and Sunday I thought someone had used my sides and ribs as punching bags :-? so I stuck with 60 minutes each day on the stationary bike.

I was nervous returning today and while my coordination and balance were still dreadful I feel alright at the moment but tomorrow will be the test!
I pulled up well today so went back for another CXWorx and Body Step double tonight.

I also jumped on the stationary bike for an hour after dinner as I'd had a heavier than I like food day and needed to pay penance!
I didn't run as intended yesterday (felt horrible after giving blood), so I need to get something in today - probably weights.
Previous 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 33 Next
491 posts Page 21 of 33