The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

18 posts Page 1 of 2
fasting today Tuesday 21 April
21 Apr 2015, 00:31
I'm in today. Had a bad night and got up at 4am and had a cup of hot milk and honey - 185 calories. Hm, not a good start. However, I will try to pull the day together now, after a late start. Keep busy must be my mantra.
I'm in today, too. Hang in there, @Sallyo! It will be dinner time before you know it. And we'll have the DODO Challenge gang in here soon to keep us company :D

I've been having such bad non-fast days lately, fast days feel like a breeze in comparison. Having said that, I went over on Sunday, so I'm hoping to have a better day today.

Good luck Tuesday fasters! :clover: :clover:
I've never understood it, @MaryAnn when people say that non fast days are harder than fast days. How can that be? What's hard about not fasting? Not feeling hungry for breakfast so that's a good thing after my 4am stint.
I have the tendency to overeat on non-fast days lately. That's all I meant.
I'm in too. Hope your day goes quickly @Sallyo.
Not too optimistic about today fast wise though. Off to a water park with diving daughter and her sweetie and Beloved. Then out for a farewell meal tonight.
I'll try my best but won't beat myself up. Girl's gotta have some fun!
Crack of dawn here, opening up another welcome fasting day to join you all and I'll be off to early gym after lemon tea has worked it's wonders. (I'm reminded of how people in crisis are offered tea.) Today breakfast is a few blueberries with cottage cheese, coffee and almond milk frothed up. Midday back-up from my soup pot if needed . In the evening it's prawns in garlic + coconut oil + harissa spice on spring greens. I'm going be busy outside and aim to be less irritable after teaching later on.
I hope everyone including me and @Sallyo sticks with it today bearing in mind the benefits. I too find non-fast days tricky at the moment as it's so easy for me to go too far over TDEE, like @MaryAnn.
How about this version of the famous saying -
"The way to hell is not paved with good intentions, but with deviations from the path of intent" ?
:clover:
Fasting with the DODO challengers today. Had a cappuccino as a midday treat which works for me to stay strong for the afternoon. Home now and about to have a very early dinner . I find non-fast days much easier too as I don't count calories on those days so can relax - Bit of a risk tho, and not for everyone. Interesting how our personalities affect our approach to fasting. Good luck all.
DODO number one reporting in for her Tuesday fast. Only one this week unfortunately so mindful eating will be applied generously.
Good morning all! I'm in too! Good luck everyone x
Just survived a very rocky patch. I had some classic dieters food: carrot and celery sticks. slices of apple, cucumber and some raw beetroot. I feel much better now. I can make it to dinner which I am just about to start cooking now. Phew. Yes, finding not fasting days difficult is all about trying to restrict your calories to a TDEE and I guess that's something I haven't bothered with, but maybe I should. I guess it depends on how committed you are to losing weight, and I guess I'm not as committed as perhaps I should be. Fasting is as much as I can do. I don't believe I over-eat on non fast days, but I don't know because I don't count calories or even know what my DTEE is. So I salut you, those of you who struggle with non fast days.
Respect @sallyo!

There are, I'm sure, plenty of us who know just how you feel & how hard you are trying. Just want to pat you on the back! Your honesty is so helpful - it isn't always easy and we are all only human. I really enjoy reading your posts...

Keep the faith - my day is just beginning, whereas you are up to dinner! You are nearly there.....xx
I'm in today. My sister is visiting this evening as she has a course in town tomorrow. Saving my 340 cals for dinner - prawns cooked in coconut oil with marinated courgette spaghetti. I hope you have a good nights sleep tonight Sallyo.
Wishing everyone a good fastday. :clover: :clover:
I'm in today, another week of fasting Tuesday and Thursday, I prefer not to have to think about what to eat so it will be another egg salad lunch and a prawn salad dinner. Lots of gardening today, having muddy fingers makes snacking less appealing.
My long awaited hydrangea plants have just arrived, so off to the greenhouse to unpack them.
Morning everyone. DODO 13 reporting in for fasting duty! Glad to see a few DODOs in here. Sally @sallyo I guess your day has finished now. Was it ok in the end? I love the sound of hot milk and honey. I've never tried it before but I might just give it a whirl! :wink:
I must confess I'm not at all organised today. Haven't a clue what I'm going to have this evening. May have to pop to a certain store to find something :wink:
Have a tremendous Tuesday fast everyone!
xxxx
Back on the DODO trail today.....dog walked, washing out, quick trip to the shops for limes and chillis to marinate the turkey strips for dinner all done, now heading out to the garden ( jungle) to burn a few calories, machete in hand!
18 posts Page 1 of 2