The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone! Newbie here :)
06 May 2015, 11:12
I'm so excited I found this forum!! I'm Sam, mother of 6, 33 years old and a hairdresser/nail technician :). This is my second week of 5:2 and I've already lost 6 lbs in the first week!! WOOOOOOOOOO!! I started at 12 st 8lbs ( now 12st 2lbs) and I want to get down to 10 st 8lbs at least ( maybe a bit more we'll see how it goes).

I fast on Monday and Wednesday so will be doing my second weigh in tomorrow :)
Re: Hi everyone! Newbie here :)
06 May 2015, 11:37
Hi Sam and welcome! Congratulations on embarking on this life changing way of eating, 5:2 really is fantastic. Well done on your first week's loss :) I'm sure you'll reach your goal with fasting, but please don't be disheartened if the weight loss in the next few weeks isn't quite as substantial, usually we lose a bit more in the first week and then it levels out to a more average rate in the following weeks. Often you'll find a stone comes off within the first 4-8 weeks though :)

If you've got any questions or need some encouragement just stop by and we'll be here for you!
06 May 2015, 11:39
Hi Sam a big welcome from me. That's a great start!!
06 May 2015, 11:52
Hello and welcome from me. Wow six children at 33 hats off to you my lady, any muliples (I hope). I hope you continue to do well and make sure you measure so that if you don't you may see a different story wth the tape measure.
06 May 2015, 13:51
Welcome Sam, great start, look forward to seeing you on the fasting today forum. :grin:
06 May 2015, 14:47
Welcome to the forum and well done on your first week!
06 May 2015, 15:03
Thanks for the welcome! And yes lots of children with NO multiples lol! Ages ranging from 3-13 :)
7 posts Page 1 of 1