The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

25 posts Page 2 of 2
@CandiceMarie Thank you for the fun thread!!

Well I was born in the 1960s, and as an American, I was only taught my umderwear had to be clean for the ambulance - the idea of matching undies didn't come to me until reading trashy women's magazines like Cosmopolitan in the 1980s - I pretty much save that for special occasions :-P

I was taking myself to get a manicure instead of lunch on my second fast day of the week, if I was behaving. Let's see, I think it's been nearly two months since I had a manicure >.<

I did buy myself some lovely bras yesterday, as a local shop is going out of business and clearing out inventory at 60% off the lowest marked prices. One was originally $42 and I got it for 8. Another was originally $38 and I got it for $6 (about 4GBP) - they're super pretty and lacy, so I was pretty happy with that purchase.
Hi @tracieknits a mani and pedi is something ive got lined up for myself soon ( should i deserve them that is!) no result no treat! And for my DD too.she hasnt visited here for ages but she's still doing 20:4 window all these months..
Oh great news about yr bargain bras..specially if theyre lacy and pretty! As my Mum used to say,' You couldnt be vexed at those prices' ! :lol:
I know more and more people...sorry, women who wear matching undies :grin: . I like a nice bra but I usually stick with black M & S brazillian knickers. I prefer to wear dark knickers all the time as I wear either jeans at home or black trousers to work and it has been known for me to wander around with my zip down so it is less noticeable if the knickers match the trousers :lol: .

No point in me getting a mani as I need to keep my nails short and without nail varnish for work but I think I might treat my toes to a pedi with minx when I get back down to 11st 7lb. I'd better hurry up or summer will be over.
@wildmissus whats a pedi minx?
Ive only ever had one pedi,so i dont know the jargon! X
It does feel lovely in the summer doesnt it to have nicely groomed feet and painted toenails with some pretty sandals! X
Maybe when I reach my target weight (will that EVER happen?) I may invest in matching undies. At the moment I just wear what's comfy (or rather, what fits!!) Is it me or do you find that the bigger the boobs the frumpier the bra? I can't get on with underwire which makes things even worse. Hey ho! Here's to tiny boobs :confused: :bugeyes:
Yeah @nursebean big bras can be very matronly and frumpy looking
Some niceones around but very costly
You really have to search to find something affordable and nice
Oh for smaller boobies :confused:
@CandiceMarie, minx are one of the original nail wraps. I think they are also one of the best as I can easily keep them on my toes for up to six week if they have been professionally done.

http://www.minxnails.com/

Candice & @nursebean, can I have some of your boobage as I've been left with pimples?
Thanks @wildmissus for the link!
Oh some great stuff there..deffo appeals to my magpie soarkly blingy side!
You can have as much of my big bustage as you want WM..i hate it and it doesnt get prettier with age and gravity!
a pedicure is definitely my go-to treat. It's sandal and flip flop weather in Okinawa about half of the year, so it's practically a necessity. I treat myself with clothes far too much. I've run out of closet space! And I live alone in a 3BR house!

I hardly ever go to the movies anymore. Maybe that's what I should do...
Hi @MaryAnn yes! Treat yrself to a trip to the cinema..its a lovely escape for a couple of hours..its ok watching a film at home but always the nagging back of the mind' i should wash the dishes' ' i should get up and tidy' etc etc..whereas in the cinema,you can just lose yrself in a good story
Ditto the theatre.. Great to watch a drama,musical or a comedy! X
25 posts Page 2 of 2