The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting 16:8; switching to 4:3
15 Jun 2015, 16:13
Hello! Christy here. I'm 39 and trying 4:3. Currently sitting at 158 and would like to reach 140. I've been doing the 16:8 with some success but I now find I'm overeating during my "window" of 8 hours. I'm new to fasting for long periods of time and completed my first fast day on Saturday. It went pretty well except I got a crazy headache by the mid-fast meal. Drank lots of water throughout the day and supplemented with electrolytes, but still had to take an Advil. I've heard the headaches fade as the body gets used to using stored energy, so today is fast #2! I feel really good so far so let's see what happens today! Very excited to gave found like minded people!!
Hi and welcome @Christy39 . Well done on your progress so far. If the headaches continue consider having a salty drink - bouillon, soup, Bovril, marmite or similar - many of us have found this a good way to prevent them. If you are drinking a lot of water you can be in danger of diluting your electrolytes, so replacing them as you are is good.
Thanks for the info! Bullion of soup is a great suggestion! (Beats electrolyte tabs!)
Good luck Christy39, I found the headaches did stop by my 2nd week of fasting but I do still have the occasional fast day when I get unreasonably grouchy and tired. If this happens I sometimes up my fast day calories to 600 - 700 which helps and then I go back to a strict 500 fast day and body seems to adjust again. :clover:
I too found that eating window didn't work for me, would just try to eat as much as I could during the window...not really the best idea! :oops:

re: headaches, also make sure you aren't inadvertently limiting your caffeine; some who feel the need for sweeteners or whiteners drink less of these (or those addicted to the nasty Red Bull type drinks, or who use other sources of caffeine) on light days, causing a caffeine withdrawal headache (totally avoidable!).
Thanks for the info and tips! 2nd fast day went much better with no headache yet! ( about 19 hours in) Time to have a meal of lentil pasta and veggies!!
Welcome @christy39 - good to have you with us!

I remember the headaches....early on in my fasting career...but now they really are a distant memory.

Once your body adjusts...and you drink the bouillon when needed, your headaches will go and you will breeze through!

See you on the "Fasting Today" threads...and others...
7 posts Page 1 of 1