The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

491 posts Page 23 of 33
Previous 1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 33 Next
I haven't posted in here for a while but I have been active and have spent quite a lot of time gardening. Today however we went for a brisk walk in Bedgebury Forest, 6.5 miles on a chilly, blustery, sunny day - lovely :grin:
Swimming.
Pete (and all of course) - I'm not entirely sure they do your procedure here, at least I have never heard of it. Here there is two ways of looking at a full replacement - my GPs way which was that I was way to young :grin: to have one since they only last 10 yrs or - the magnificent orthopedic surgeon who say they last at least 30 yrs if I refrain from running and jumping. Hmmmm, tough choice - not!! The only downside is that he said I will have to do the left hip done too in a not so faraway future.
So I walk and walk and bough both clothes and shoes and son commented "does this mean you are startting to exercise?". And the answer if a plain YES!! :smile:
A bit more than a 10K run plus another 5 miles on a cruiser bike picking 3 pounds (1.5kg) of wild asparagus. Legs are tired now.
Wednesday I finally went running on the road for the first time since November. It didn't feel good at all. I think I might need to stick to the treadmill for awhile...
I have somehow gotten off track with exercise. I did well on my trip - my nephew's apartment building has a gym - but I've been terrible since I got back, using jet lag as an excuse. I've been doing planks in my office, but i need to do more than that! Hmm… I don't know how to get motivated… Any suggestions?
I'm sort of getting back on track. Since Friday, I've done weight training twice and run on the treadmill for 25 minutes. I've also been trying to do two-three one minute planks per day to work on my core a bit...
I did 1hour 45mins of acrobatics was excellent and tomorrow will do Pilates in the morning and in the eve a 10k walk and a little strength training
Strength training today, treadmill yesterday. Planks every day. I'm trying hard to stay on track.
I tend towards being active (walking and gardening), rather than 'doing exercise', but yesterday I went to a yoga class for the first time with a friend. The teacher was great, so I'm feeling motivated to go again. Might need reminding though!
I also went for a beautiful clifftop walk in the warm, breezy sunshine.
Today I'm still in bed, need to get going, it's 8.28am!! :grin:
I am back in civilisation and can WALK! It is so lovely. Working put paid to outside walking , but Beloved was clocking up 19k + in the course of the day. I wouldn't have been much less.
It's a delight to go out and walk.
And stairs, so many stairs. So good for the butt!
We get into our house next week, so there will be unpacking and decorating and space to do 'formal' exercise. MadMax will have a room!
Quite excited!
Out for a "why-not, how bad can it be?" 5K in the rain - one of several other noted, certifiable people along my route.

Quickly discovered that my 'rain' jacket was made from recycled sea sponge,

that water-wicking fabrics work,

for a while,

when they want to,

and that the gutters along the brim of my hat need attention.

Note to self: Next time take a bar of soap...

fins and a snorkel.

Wet to the core and invigorated.... recommending this foolishness for one an all.

:like: :grin: :like:
A really hard Aquarobics class. Trying to kick my height is not easy, I think it was suggested it would be better to have a swim, fell over so often.
yesterday I ran for 27 minutes on the treadmill. I'm hoping to post here every day this week!
I've been on a roll lately: three days in a row in the gym last week, a long swim on Saturday, swimming and water skiing on Sunday, and treadmill yesterday.
Previous 1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 33 Next
491 posts Page 23 of 33