The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Back on the Monday fast, after doing Tuesday/Friday last week. I can't say I'm looking forward to it, but will try to build a more positive attitude as the day goes on. I don't have to like it, just do it. About to make a 'to do' list to keep me occupied. Earth to Aussie Monday Fasters: Come in please.
Earth to Aussie Monday Fasters: Come in please.

Reporting for Duty @Sallyo
I never look forward to a fast but I feel like I'm getting back on track after a lot of time off
We can do it, its only a day :grin:
I'm not an Aussie, but I'm in today, too, for a half fast. Meaning I'm having dinner out with friends tonight. They're leaving Okinawa on Wednesday. I'm leaving the following Monday.

I'm not sure I'll get any proper fasts in for awhile. I'm finding everything I need to do a bit overwhelming, plus lots of leaving parties, treating people to lunch after they've helped me with something, etc.
Day 3 of my fast-5 and I'm 500g down so far, a pound is good :0)
Last sane day of this week as Replace The Dead Boiler starts tomorrow for 3 days and positive thoughts needed towards our dead car to get that up and running too please.
Dreadful wet weather today but do what you can to make it a happy one.
Good luck folks :0)
\o/
I'm in, busy at work, busy after work with English lesson and some proofreading. I will even bake - eggplant and zucchini for tomorrow (see, @Lizbean, VEGGIES! :D )

For food, I'm planning a miso soup in the afternoon and sliced kohlrabi for munching in the evening. Maybe that will be enough and I'll therefore save some calories.
Where are you going when you leave Okinawa, @MaryAnn ?
My day is nearly done: not as difficult as I feared. I had a grated carrot, hard boiled egg salad half way through the afternoon, and then soufflé for dinner with parsley salad and roast carrots- I have a lot of carrots needing eating up, in the garden. I don't think they are very calorific. A square or 3 of dark chocolate fixes me up.
Sallyo wrote: Back on the Monday fast, after doing Tuesday/Friday last week. I can't say I'm looking forward to it, but will try to build a more positive attitude as the day goes on. I don't have to like it, just do it. About to make a 'to do' list to keep me occupied. Earth to Aussie Monday Fasters: Come in please.

I'm fasting too, but I fast all the way no, 400-500 cal days for me.If I start eating I cant stop so I just don't eat anything. Yesterday I was particularly naughty so it punishment of a sort, lets just hope the 2kg I weighed more was water weight!
Sept. 7. Soon! Too soon!

I ended up doing a proper fast because dinner was canceled. I am so hungry at bedtime! I can't remember this ever happening!
I am in today and trying something different: a full fast. I have some homemade chicken stock at home I may dip into if needed, but otherwise sticking to coffee/tea and water until tomorrow. We'll see how long I last in the morning. Typically I just wait until lunch, but not sure if the full fast will make me wake up ravenous. Also I have a strength training appointment before work, so I'll have to check in with myself and gauge my energy levels. It's only 30 minute session. We'll see how it goes. Happy fasting, all!
I'm in today, just about to make my pot o' green tea. Then the usual: afternoon broth, after work snack, late evening dinner....

Am realizing that when I go back to an office environment for work, will need to tweak my light days--normal days too! I currently have the luxury of having all my food available and being able to choose last-minute what to eat, not having to decide ahead of time and bring to work with me. Other than being prepared (I've done other "diets" at the office before, including the Zone and raw foods, so I know how important it is to have "legal" food on hand, not foraging randomly when one is hungry!), does anyone have any advice on that?
First fast since starting the school holidays! Not too bad so far, just hope I can hold out until bed time. Through the holidays I have been swimming 3 x a week a total of 7.5k and running 3 x a week a minimum of 18k a week. Not lost a bean though my husband has lost loads. I must have been eating my exercise calories! Anyway back to school tomorrow so I thought I would start again with 1 fast per week.
As I've been on a plateau for a few weeks - 500gms on, 500 gms off - I was determined to put in a good fast today. On a volunteer stint this morning found my partner was also on a fast day which made the morning much easier and we could compare notes. For mediation reasons I have to have three 'meals' a day so today a very small thin slice of toast for breakfast, a cup of miso soup for a late lunch and for dinner 45gm cooked ham with some ratatouille I made yesterday plus some lovely ripe plums (only 2 and that finished the pack). I intend to be very careful for the next two days and fast again on Thursday. then see what the scales say at the end of the week.
12 posts Page 1 of 1