The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
The glove finally fits!
09 Oct 2015, 06:29
I've tried a gazillion different diets, lifestyle changes and nutritional "leaps of faith"... I think I finally found the answer to my prayers in the 5:2 system. I tried Atkins, Paleo, vegetarian, gluten free, raw, etc... The list is kind of long winded (many of those diets made ME long winded too! LOL!) In the end, they all failed because they were too harsh, too restrictive, too complex, and some were rather expensive to follow. Currently, my diet hasn't changed much from what it's always been. I still eat and drink pretty much what I always did on the non-fast days, and that is just... Glorious! THAT is the biggest relief (for me) that I found in the 5:2 system. No weird changes to my habits, no expensive foods to buy, no elaborate preparation, and you don't look and sound like a weirdo when you go out and eat with friends. Two days out of seven of number crushing and calories juggling ain't that bad for a lifetime of health and freedom to eat and drink whatever you durn please on the other days.
What's your take on IF, folks? What other "failed food fads" have you tried before discovering IF?
Re: The glove finally fits!
09 Oct 2015, 13:27
Hello there.
I think most of us have done the diet rounds and fasting definatley sorted out my head with regards to eating when hungry and only eating "worthy" foods too. So glad you've found you're perfect fit. Keep going.
30 Dec 2016, 13:29
Congrats, I know it will be better if you have mental treatment combined with physical one. And its result is really incredible.
30 Dec 2016, 16:20
YES! 5-2 also "sorted out my head" Eating healthy is all a mind game.. and 5-2 clicked for my brain
31 Dec 2016, 02:34
Hi Fastidious, what a great post!

My story is I did 5:2 over three years ago, lost weight well...then stopped.

This time I am doing it a little bit differently, and making it a lifestyle. I agree that just fasting 2 days a week, then eating normally the rest of the week is so doable.

I'm returning to fasting on Monday, fasting Monday and Tuesday. The problem I ran into before was that as time went on, I didn't get around to my second day of fasting, then eventually stopped, so this time I'm getting them over with in one fell swoop. Also, I'm going to eat a bit more on my fasting days, as Michael Mosley (Fast Diet author) states you will also lose, although a bit slower, on 800 cals per fasting day. I believe my "new" method will be totally doable, and if I lose a bit slower, I don't mind.

So, Monday it is.

Happy New Year everyone!
5 posts Page 1 of 1