The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting and - perfume? X
01 May 2016, 18:38
This might be one for our resident and much respected fount of knowledge @carorees
My fave perfume is Aromatiques by Clinique...but recently have found it smells awful on me...
I threw one bottle away as i thought it must have gone off..but same happened when i opened a new one ( provided kindly by dear Beau)
Have also noticed that deodorants arent quite working properly..have tried two or three but they arent doing a good job any more..Mitchams works best but even that not quite as effective as i wd like
Could this be connected with fasting in any way? Something to do with chemistry? Tried googling but all i can find is info on perfumes smelling different on different people
Help anyone? X :confused:
Re: Fasting and - perfume? X
01 May 2016, 23:05
Enhanced senses seem to be a common theme with fasting at multiple sites. Even here:

5-2-diet-chat-f6/heightened-sense-of-smell-t8678.html

Have someone else check your perfume. If it's not different to them then your heightened sense is telling you something.

And an explanation here:

http://lauraemariani.blogspot.com/2011/ ... smell.html
02 May 2016, 20:57
I can attest to the heightened sense of smell on light days (when fasting). I've learned to avoid certain places/cues if I want to stick to my light day. Early on, I went to the farmer's market and was driven nearly mad by the danged pizza oven! And while I'll cook for my son on light days, he knows that certain foods (especially those that trigger me smell-wise) are off-limits.

And just a weird bit of trivia to stay on topic: I can't use perfume at all; took me years, but I finally just gave up. To a greater or lesser extent, they all give me brain fog and some actually make me sick.
02 May 2016, 22:09
Thanks @ADFnFuel and @ferretgal for yr inputs!
tried my perfume on my DD today...and it smelled wrong to her,and to me
( and she agreed it smelt wrong on me too)
She's a FastFive faster,so i guess we both may have developed heightened sense smell ..shame if so coz we both loved the smell of that perfume! XX
04 May 2016, 10:54
CandiceMarie wrote: Have also noticed that deodorants arent quite working properly..have tried two or three but they arent doing a good job any more..Mitchams works best but even that not quite as effective as i wd like
Could this be connected with fasting in any way? Something to do with chemistry? Tried googling but all i can find is info on perfumes smelling different on different people
Help anyone? X :confused:

Hi!
I actually have this same problem and I didn't make the connection until I just read your post. I have been using the same deodorant for years and never had any issues but I've found in the last 2 weeks its wearing off half way through the day and by the time I get home from work, I have to shower and deodorise again. ( I am in my 5th fasting week)
I will try and do some research and let you know if I find anything on it.
Liz x
05 May 2016, 18:08
Clinique aromatics my favourite perfume
I always wear it along with the body smoother.
I will definitely be seeing if that happens to me.
I so hope not. No other perfume comes close.
05 May 2016, 18:16
I know @sharon! I am sooooo disappointed! Hope it doesnt happen to you too x
7 posts Page 1 of 1