The FastDay Forum

The 5:2 Lab

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Has anyone noticed if they have more trouble fasting (are hungrier than usual) if they are sleep deprived? I had to go down to the Olympia office to work on Wednesday, and got less than 2 hours of sleep. So yesterday's fast was especially difficult, even though I slept well Wednesday night (7+ hours, which is good for me). A quick web search turned up a LOT of articles linking sleep deprivation and increased hunger; this one says it activates the same body system as marijuana (the famed "munchies"):
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/307203.php

What do y'all think about this? Have you noticed anything?
Hi ferretgal,yes I agree it makes you so much hungrier when sleep deprived,I think it's the body trying to cope
It's just an observation,make sure you drink lots of water,it helps ,the other day I didn't drink enough and had a very sore head.
yep, true for me. I changed my Thursday fast to Friday last week because I didn't sleep well on Wednesday night. Fasting is always more difficult for me if I'm tired.
Yes, definitely. In the evening, if I am tired but have something I want/need to do, I eat for the energy to stay awake....instead of sleeping as I should. Interesting about 'the munchies'!

@ferretgal, may I borrow your quotes at end of your messages?
Ann
Yes, @grannieannie, of course you may; I'm flattered!

Hoping that the science nerds will weigh in on this...
6 posts Page 1 of 1