The FastDay Forum

Group Challenges

127 posts Page 6 of 9
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
Thanks for the good luck wishes @justdee!

I'm coming to the last few days of Wk3. On Wk1 I exercised 5 days out of 7...& that was the way I wanted it to be every week. Ha ha. On Wk2 I felt totally shattered & couldn't contemplate anything more energetic than walking to the kitchen to switch the kettle on! So I didn't... On Wk 3 I went down with a cold...which I have just had to ignore as I've been too busy to let it get to me...though it is being a total pain these past couple of days as it has gone to my sinuses.....grrr! Haven't exercised this week either due to the cold.

On the mood front, I haven't noticed being any different. If anything, my mood is slightly elevated due to feeling like I'm wrestling back control over my eating. A good feeling....long may it last...but then, I don't have much of a track record where self-control is concerned.

Sleep-wise...it's very difficult for me to comment - reason being that I have a ridiculous issue with sleep anyway. I avoid going to bed every night, fall asleep on the sofa and it's not unusual for me to stagger to bed at say, 4.30am. I just don't take care of myself. My goodness, I feel second-hand in the morning, most mornings in fact. But that's a whole other story....

Today has been very challenging. I have made a tray of flapjacks, 24 double chocolate muffins and two large Victoria Sandwiches for a 50th Birthday party...and not licked the bowl once! Unbelievable self-control I say! Flippin' hard that was...I would normally have scoffed some raw flapjack mix and studiously avoided putting all of the cake mix into the cake tins...not to mention leaving loads of mix on the beaters, ha ha. Might even have shoved some in the microwave for a minute and wolfed it down in a matter of minutes whilst still hot....The strange thing is, when I look at all those goodies that other (lucky) people are going to enjoy tomorrow....I just keep hearing a voice in my head telling me "And that's exactly what got you into this state, so no, you're not having any of it!!! Get on with the business of losing weight.." Very odd, that. Not normally the way I think....but then, I've been so very naughty with mindless eating that I'm seeing it as payback time at the moment...almost that I deserve to not have anything "nice" i.e. sweet.

I'd better stop typing now - gotta be up early and get on with more cooking...! Hope you have a great weekend!
Well this week, with 2 fast days, I gained half a pound. Not bad considering all the sugar I binged on, I just had to see again if I am still addicted to sugar. First donut, no problem. I was on the road, and had nothing else, but when I got home I spent supper till bedtime eating every dessert in the house.
Good news is my exercising has been on track. Luck to all next week, last of May. :clover: :clover:
Hazel! @Hazelnut20?!! That is INCREDIBLY impressive! To makes so many cakes and NOT lick the bowl (the best bit)?!! How the bongo did you manage that?!! :shock: Well done xx
@nursebean I was thinking the same after reading Hazel's @Hazelnut20post. Wow not licking the bowl shows what a good head space you're in. And resisting all that yummy food, good on you. I'm also a really bad sleeper Hazel, Find it hard to go to bed even when tired. I don't even know why. I end up feeling like a zombie most days. This can't be good for my health so I'm really trying to get this under control. Think we should start a sleep club and help each other.
Now for the official bit. # 5 checking in with a 1 and a half lb loss this week. Well done and good luck for next week everyone :clover: :clover: :clover:
@justdee thanks for the encouragement x
I'm actually sticking to my plan of another FD this week - Sunday fun day? Not really...
My friend/roommate had a gorgeous lunch of rice and vegetable curry, and the smell was just too much... But I persevered! And I'm almost about to have dinner... Just need to figure out what to have. Looking forward to jumping on the scales tomorrow!
Hope your weekend has been good x :wink:
I'm still marvelling at the (unheard of) self-control @nursebean! It's not what I'm used to, that's for sure...

The trouble with food is....it's so nice! And so sociable too. It's everywhere...and very hard to resist. Trouble is, once I give in, it will literally open the floodgates...so for the time being I'm having to go completely cold turkey because I just can't trust myself. Hence no licking of the bowl!

I'm saying "see how far you can get in 8 weeks" and then I'll reassess the situation. It took me longer than 8 weeks to get into this state, so it follows its going to take time to get into anything resembling "shape"!!

How's it going with you...cereal and Angel Delight lady?? You really make me smile with your confessions about those two foodstuffs! Hope all is well. Here's to a great week ahead! And kind scales....obviously xx
Hazelnut, I admire your realistic approach :wink: Personally I am struggling with accepting that it's going to take quite a long time to lose the weight, but it is the only way, I suppose.
Had my third FD of the week yesterday, but fell victim to some chocolates in my fridge which pushed me to 700 calories instead of 500. Still, a lot less than I'd have eaten before 5:2 :smile:
Jumped on the scales today and up yet another 2 pounds.. This is getting frustrating. I have been really good (aside from the chocolates yesterday) and it just pains me to keep gaining! I think I'll try not to weigh myself until after my second FD this week, and then hopefully I will have lost something. Gosh. I highly doubt it's because of exercise, as I've only just been biking, doing laundry and the usual everyday stuff. :neutral:
Hope you've had a nice weekend x
Hi @Ally5, I'll try to put this as simply as I can but it might turn into a bit of a mind boggle. I weigh everyday and record it on MFP. Currently doing 4:3 too. On my Wednesday fast last week (2nd fast) I went over by about 200-ish cals by having bread and butter with my meal, I didn't weigh the butter so could have been a bit more (or less). Thursday morning (after 2 fast) I weighed a lb heavier than my official weigh in day the Saturday before. I fasted on Friday (3rd fast), making sure I stayed within 500cals. Weigh in on Saturday was a 1.6lb down on the Saturday before. And 2.6lbs from my Thursday weight. I couldn't of and didn't lose 2.6lbs in 2 days, that 200cals extra I had on Wednesday changed my weight for some reason. Made me hold on to water or took me out of a fasted state. I don't know what it was, but I do know it wasn't a true weight. Knowing it's weigh in day the day after a fast really make me stay focused, I know if I go over on my pre-weigh-in fast I will not get a great result. My point is, it's a funny old game this fasting business and the scale really isn't as reliable as it is with other diets. You may still be losing, even though the scale is not telling you so. I don't know if you weigh daily, if you do and your weight is gradually going up, I would say try lowering your TDEE and make sure you only have 500cals or less especially on the fastday before your official weigh day. Please don't be disheartened. Hope this helps. Good luck :clover: :clover: :clover:
#17 checking in rather belatedly (coz it's a bank holiday here & I've been at the beach!) with the results of today's weigh in - a loss of 4lbs, hurrah. Total loss to date is 16lbs....no kidding! Am super thrilled with that!

It's really giving me the boost I needed. That's not to say it's not really tough watching all around you scoffing sausage baps, cakes, sweets & chips....as I have today, whilst eating plain yoghurt with strawberries!
Crikey, it's a royal battle of wills....mainly with myself you understand! I've developed an unusually strong will though - I caught myself trying to skip dinner today after only having around 130 cals for lunch (doing 16:8, so no chance of breakfast). What the heck is all that about? It's certainly not normal behaviour for me!

Well, that's another day over. Hope the week ahead is good for you all xx
That is fantastic @Hazelnut20 well done to you. I know that you struggle with motivation so hopefully your loss this week will spur you on. You know we are all here supporting you.
My weight is up and down around the same kilo at the moment and has been since April. My activity levels are good and I have been fasting Monday and Thursday every week so I just think I need to have a good look at my weekends as I think I have taken my foot off the pedal a bit there and am sliding back into my old ways of not being totally honest with myself about what I am eating and drinking. I love that these forums make me accountable. I have a quiet weekend planned next weekend so will be very mindful this week and see if I can't break the cycle. With 3 weeks to go on this challenge I would love to be able to post a good result on 21st June.
Oh @Hazlenut20 that is an AMAZING loss - well done you!! xx
@Ally5? I usually weigh myself once a week (at Slimming World these days) and that's after a fast day. I used to fast every other day and weigh myself daily. The idea behind a daily weigh is that it encourages you not to overeat on your non fast days (in theory!!) anyway, you'll get into your stride and with a few tweaks here and there I'm sure you'll be fine!
Bean xx
Last day of May weigh-in. 216
First May weigh-in on May 6 was 220
Last April Challenge weight was 217.8
I can look at this several weighs. oops...ways. Down 4 lbs. since May 6 :victory: or, down only 1.8 from April Fool's ending. :frown: On the positive side, I am 13 pounds lighter than I was in mid-Jan, 2016 :smile: :victory: That is more than a half pound a week, in 20 weeks. Any up and down is way less than my yo-yo dieting of years past, so I will keep that positive outlook for as long as I can. Thanks for help and well wishes. :like:
Good luck to everyone! :clover: :clover:
@justdee and @nursebean - thank you so much the both of you! It makes sense. I just have to remember to stay positive and keep looking ahead :smile:
Fasting today, and keeping in mind your lovely comments and this challenge definitely keeps me going. Almost dinner time (unusually long day) and then I have exams for the next few weeks, which hopefully will be manageable.
All the best of luck to you :clover: :smile:
20 days left on this challenge,,,,, oh, I don't want to speak too soon but it looks like I might make the goal I set myself for this challenge. I've failed every other challenge I've ever tried on here, so this would be a first for me. Good luck challengers and lets keep it going :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
Ps Good luck with the exams @Ally5
Ooh....let's not have any talk of "failing" please! I prefer to look at it more like "I stepped up to the plate (ha ha, how fitting!) and tried my best....but didn't quite get to where I wanted to go".

The fact is, you've tried your best on each occasion. You joined the challenges. Not everybody does that. Not everybody needs challenges to aim for/keep themselves accountable. Maybe the targets were overly ambitious? I've done it on here before - set a 12lb loss in a short space of time for a challenge......and seriously "underachieved" because it was a bit impossible in the first place (hope springs eternal!).

Every pound gone should be celebrated! As should every pound not gained.... It's annoying that we are subject to monthly fluctuations, water retention etc which play havoc with the scales and the emotions. Improving your overall health and standing up and being counted when it is actually easier to give in and scoff...should be celebrated...

@justdee - you are moving in the right direction! Every day that you don't throw the towel in...is a success - so here's a pat on the back and a little whoop whoop from me! Keep doing what you're doing because you're going to get there and you're going to be so proud of yourself along the way...as we all will be!
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
127 posts Page 6 of 9