The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Three years today
19 Aug 2016, 07:28
My story doesn't fit under the inspirational stories as I was already in the good BMI range when I started 5:2 three years ago but I am pleased to share that this Way of Eating works for me and I feel much better for it. I was 77.5kg when I started three years to the day and this morning I weighted 69.9kg (so important to see the 6 appear on the scale instead of a 7).

I'd like to be a couple of kilos lighter, which I was until the start of this year, but unless I do two fasts a week (which I'm no longer doing) I can't get back to my goal weight.

I still skip the odd breakfast and do a fast on Mondays about three times each month. I exercise regularly, short cycle to work most days, walk the dog regularly and chose stairs instead of lifts if I can. My portion sizes have become smaller, more vegetables on my plate than three years ago, less potatoes/bread/pasta/rice, but there are days when I eat and drink anything within sight. The weekends tend to be a bit like that.

Perhaps in the lead up to summer I'll try to do more fasts as some summer clothes might be a bit too tight.
cheers, Wendy
Re: Three years today
19 Aug 2016, 08:32
Special congratulations from me @wmr309 as we started fasting on the very same day! Let's keep up the good work. :heart:
19 Aug 2016, 10:04
Oh Wendy! @Wmr309! Happy Fastiversary!! Its so great to hear from someone who has bean using this way of eating for three years - that's inspirational - Many, many thanks - and many happy returns of the day!! :grin:
Bean :heart:
19 Aug 2016, 12:39
Well done Wendy,it's great to hear from someone who has continued this way of eating for so long,I am still quite new but love the results,I feel in control most of the time,life gets in the way especially when the weekend comes around,eating and drinking is a way of life,just keep making the small changes one at a time until you can do longer fasts and keep busy to keep your mind off food,then you can have the little splurges on the weekend. Best of luck
19 Aug 2016, 17:53
Congratulations on this achievement :) Good to see that 5:2 also gives great results even on the long term on people that do not need to lose a lot of weight.
I have started only recently (a couple of months) with 18/6 fasting and tweaked it to have better result. I like to have at least once a while the possibility to eat (and drink) anything I want without having to worry about my weight. You seem to do that as well and still have good results after 3 years.
My weightloss is not too bad - appr 1lbs / 0.5 kg every week, but I started to worry after I had no weithloss and gained 1 kg one week later. By restricting the eating window even more and starting with a small meal (basically a viber snack) and not eating too late in the evening I managed to get back on track again.
I don't mind daily fasting at all, as long as there are results ;)
As mentioned I am experimenting with the diet and will maybe start to try 5:2 for a while once I reached the weight I am aiming for.
BTW. I am a slightly overweight 50 y old male with a BMI of 26.3 (started with 27.5). Aiming for BMI 24 and then try to stay between 24-25 .
19 Aug 2016, 20:10
Happy Fastiversary, @Barbarita and @WMR309!
19 Aug 2016, 21:16
barbarita wrote: Special congratulations from me @wmr309 as we started fasting on the very same day! Let's keep up the good work. :heart:

Not only did we start on the same day, looking at our trackers, our weightloss looks eerily similar - most weightloss during first six months, then maintain with a BMI around 22, then couple of kilos gained but maintaining at a good level. @Barbarita congratulations to you too!!
I counted calories during those first six months but now I know what's high in calories and what's not. I try to avoid sugar unless it's used in high quality baking or desserts. I still celebrate with food (incl yesterday) but am more mindful on other days.
20 Aug 2016, 22:38
Happy Fastiversary and many congratulations @wmr309 and @barbarita!
You are shining examples to us all! X
22 Aug 2016, 10:14
For a way of life it's very good, simple and balanced, and I'm so happy we are doing this together.
:like: :heart: :handshake: :high5: :rainbow:
9 posts Page 1 of 1