The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

18 posts Page 1 of 2
21 Aug 2016, 23:37
Hi. I'm starting my fourth fast day tomorrow. Here for inspiration and motivation. My coworker has lost 60 lbs over the past two years, and is maintaining his ideal weight. I'm hoping to lose 20 lbs. I just returned home from vacation. Managed to fast on my days, but probably went over on my non-fasting days. So far, I have found this diet easy to stick to. Hope it works!
Re: New member
22 Aug 2016, 07:07
Welcome @mrsq, happy fasting!
22 Aug 2016, 07:12
Welcome from me too. Good luck and let us know how you're getting on. :clover:
22 Aug 2016, 12:30
Hi Mrs Q and welcome!
You are already off to a good start and have a great role model in yr coworker!
Plenty of info here if you browse round to help you on the journey! Wishing you all the best.! :like:
Any problems just shout xx
23 Aug 2016, 00:04
barbarita wrote: Welcome @mrsq, happy fasting!

Thanks!!
23 Aug 2016, 00:08
MrsQ wrote:
barbarita wrote: Welcome @mrsq, happy fasting!

Thanks!!

I thought I was giving you the "thumbs-up sign ". When I pressed the thumb it turned it upside down?
23 Aug 2016, 00:46
Welcome, @MrsQ; here's a pdf I put together for a friend of mine...
5-2 et al.pdf
5.2 Basics
(590.6 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
23 Aug 2016, 02:08
ferretgal wrote: Welcome, @MrsQ; here's a pdf I put together for a friend of mine...
5-2 et al.pdf

Thanks! Very helpful. I'm so hungry right now! LOL
23 Aug 2016, 08:07
Welcome from me as well,make sure you drink lots of water throughout the day as it helps.
25 Aug 2016, 18:42
Hi MrsQ, Welcome! It really does work. That's great that you have a successful co-worker to inspire you. There will probably be times you will need somebody to steady your nerve. Quite a few of my collegues (midwives) have been very successful, and my husband's shop manager has followed me along the trail too, we have both lost noticable inches, and I have now settled at my mid-weight range from when I was 16 - 9stone 7lb - which is a miracle. I absolutely love wearing clothes I nearly threw away years ago but couldn't quite do it. I should think you will find everything you need on this site, I have found all the advice and tips very helpful, and I have found the other members very warm friendly and encouraging. Good luck!
26 Aug 2016, 19:29
Welcome and good luck! :clover: :clover:
29 Aug 2016, 04:20
Thanks! When you were 16 yrs old, or 16 stone?A stone is 14 lbs, right? Anyways, very good progress and inspiring too. I fear I will obsess with a scale, so I am not looking at my weight yet. I have one of the nurses where I work, along with my coworker, or my husband at home taking down my weight for me. They tell me only 2.5 lbs lost so far. Tomorrow is day 19, and my 6 fast day. I am overdoing my non fast days, but am hoping to change that this week. Have a wonderful week!!
30 Aug 2016, 08:33
Hi MrsQ, I was between 9 stone 4lb and 9 stone 10lb from age 16 until late 40s when the creep upwards began. Yes, a stone is 14lb so that was 126-132 lb range. I lurked around the 5:2 site for several weeks before giving it a go, coming down from my highest 10 stone 10/150 lb to 140 lb within a few weeks and I am now 9 stone 8/130 lb. As you can see I have fallen right into the trap of describing my journey in terms of weight - in fact my biggest success has been the loss of inches which started before any significant weight loss, my body just changed shape. I have lost 4" from my waist which is now a miraculous 29".It's good to keep track by weighing but don't forget to measure, as many other fosters have said since the forum began
05 Sep 2016, 21:28
I really enjoy this site! Very helpful for days like today especially, when I'm fasting! I still get so hungry on my fast days! I've been doing this about a month now, and haven't cheated on my fast days. That's good progress for me.
My family celebrated American labor day yesterday, instead of today. I was able to eat what everybody else was having. Barbecue! Yum!
I bought a physicians scale for accurate readings. I am trying my best not to weigh too often. It's so exciting though, when the numbers are going down.
06 Sep 2016, 04:18
Welcome MrsQ. I wouldn't worry about weighting too often, just don't feel too upset if your weight goes up some days for what seems no particular reason. I weigh nearly every day, or at least six out of seven days a week, but only fill in my progress tracker on Fridays. I put a note if there's a reason why perhaps my weight has gone up or whether I fasted that week or not. Only you can see those notes so you can be frank. Hormonal swings play their part. Make sure you take measurements around your waist, chest and hips. Drink plenty of water every day, limit your salt intake, refined carbs and sugar and fill up with real food (including butter, dairy, meat, fruit, nuts, avocadoes, etc). Good luck and keep us posted how you are doing.
18 posts Page 1 of 2