The FastDay Forum

Progress Diaries & Journals

Please just one thread per member here, which you can keep updated with your progress!
If you want to celebrate reaching a goal, or commiserate over a less productive week please use the 'Delighted or Disappointed?' forum instead.

714 posts Page 36 of 48
Previous 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 48 Next
Thanks everyone! Floating Bean here! Floating on light air!! :grin:
What the bongos is Poutine? Never heard of it...er, oh my word! chips and gravy?! Oh boy - oh no! I must resist - I MUST!!
Well I've had my interview. I thought it went well (except for my voice giving out a bit) and they'll let me know by the end of today whether I have the job or not - exhausted now! :dazed: :confused:
Tracie?! @Tracieknits?! We certainly mis-timed that didn't we! How long are you staying in Canada for? D'you know, my sister has never mentioned Poutine to me before - but she's vegetarian so maybe that's why!!
Not long until Par-is! Bet you can't wait!
Bean :heart:
We are not actually staying. Ee just use Montreals airport and scoot back over the border. I live about 3 hours away :)
Oh I bet it's beautiful where you live! Shame you couldn't stay longer in Montreal though!
First of all massive congratulations @nursebean on size 10!!! Wow!
Now, poutine. We visited Canada earlier this year. Our first trip but hopefully the first of many as we loved it. I indulged in poutine quite a lot but the best dish was in Banff where it was served with turkey and stuffing. Sounds absolutely revolting but think of the tastiest Christmas lunch served over fries and you are some way there.
We follow an ice hockey team here and all the Canadian players tweet about poutine as the first dish they have when they get back home.
Ooh, Beany - I am so very happy for you!! Size 10 is the stuff of dreams!! Huge congratulations and well done you for sticking at it. I bet you look fantastic! More than that though, you so deserve your success...and to float around on air too :cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy: :cloudy: These are the only clouds I could find..please pretend they're white & fluffy!!

How exciting is life right now? So pleased to hear your interview went well - am keeping my fingers crossed! That, plus your holiday beckons shortly....it's all happening!

Big hugs xx
Love the fluffy clouds Nutty @Hazlenut20 and thank you for your lovely words - and you @Queen56! I certainly do feel as though I'm walking on air at the moment - a fabulous feeling! As for Poutine, my sister has never mentioned it. Mind you, she's vegetarian so maybe she wouldn't have heard about it herself!
I start my job training this afternoon - hope I like it (!) :shock:
Have a great day everyone!

25 Aug 2016, 14:22
@nursebean congratulations on being a size 10. That's fantastic news! I'm flying BA to Montreal.

26 Aug 2016, 18:23
Oooh i like how theres a ' similar topic' thing at the bottom!
How are you all,fellow bsders? Are you getting a bit lost round here..i am! But thank flip thise cartoon people have gone now! It all looks quite smart doesnt it!
Today i got weighed at dds..after lunch and fully clothed...so possibly a better result if it was first thing this morning,in the nip..anyway ive lost two stone and its day 45! Very happy! X
I love the phrase 'in the nip', always reminds me of Father Ted! That's certainly good going, two stone.
I like the new colour scheme must more, hated the old one I have to say!

28 Aug 2016, 15:45
Well done old bean. Size 10 is amazing.

28 Aug 2016, 18:21
Oh that's fantastic @candicemarie - how brilliant are you?? I am so very pleased for you! Congratulations for sticking with it and getting it done! Who would've thought it, eh?! Just goes to show it's always worth giving something a go, isn't it? I confess I would never have thought I could have coped with something as "strict" as the BSD...but if you're prepared to take one day at a time and give it your best shot...who knows what you might achieve? Well, we do!!

I'm totally thrilled that it has paid dividends for you, sweetie! Bursting with pride..and very impressed...

29 Aug 2016, 22:50
HI @hazelnut20! Thank you x its all down to you that i started this!
Tomorrow it will be Day 49 for me..its gone quickly!
I'd like to continue with BSD a further eight weeks when i finish this cycle,but unsure whether its healthy to stay so low for any longer..i think MM suggests going to BSD version of 5:2 after the eight weeks.
If i do the cycle again,i need to look at the exercises to help yr heart so you dont start losing muscle from the heart ( and everywhere else!)xx
How you doing? X

31 Aug 2016, 08:47
Hello Candy @candicemarie!

I'm just so pleased you took the plunge all those weeks ago! It certainly comes under the heading "don't knock it 'til you've tried it" - doesn't it?! There are so many examples of how well you can do on the BSD on this forum - not to mention on "the other one".....Talking of which, maybe the lady (CL) who has been on it for over 32 weeks could advise you on whether to stay on for another 8 weeks? I always said to myself that I would use the 8 weeks to turn my eating habits around and then would be happy to move to 5:2...but with low carb choices most of the time. I haven't done that yet, but was amazed to find how much my thinking has changed by being on the BSD. As I've said on this thread before, I found that I just couldn't give myself permission to go back to my old ways! If you knew me, you'd be stunned that I would stick to such a regime...it's nothing short of amazing and I've never felt so in control! But then, I've never seen such fantastic results either...

With regards to continuing past the 8 weeks - I've been quite astonished at how well my body has adjusted to this way of eating. I take a vitamins and minerals supplement daily and I would say that my evening meal is quite bulky in terms of vegetables - so there is plenty for my system to work on. One of the most marvellous things is that by dropping the carbs to such an extent, I don't really get bothered by cravings...or hunger for that matter. If I feel hungry, I know it will pass - especially if I have a drink! The feeling of lightness as I go about my day is also a huge plus in my book. I over-ate recently on my birthday - and felt absolutely dreadful as a result. It was a familiar feeling from the past - something I felt way too often - nowadays I'm a stranger to such feelings....and I love that!

I've been meaning to write about two wonderful things that happened on Sunday. The first is that I got out my "thinspirational" skirt - bought in a charity shop many weeks ago....and tried it on. It is a navy with cream coloured hoops clingy pencil-type skirt - very smart and chic, from Next. When I bought it, I was over 15 stone and it looked completely dreadful on pear-shaped me (think huge thighs, hips and derrière!). It had potential though - because it was so unforgiving!!! And chic....Anyway, I tried it on...and was amazed at how very lovely it looked on me (if I do say so myself!). My shelf of a derrière has diminished - leaving a relatively flat one in its place - hurrah! The thighs etc have also diminished - not to the point where I can relax - but to a much more acceptable level. They will always be the last things to reduce on my body...and I have accepted that fact. This is made easier by having become reacquainted with the bones on my shoulders - it makes me smile on a daily basis TBH. I'm so looking forward to meeting my hip bones one day too! And I know I will.....Anyway, to continue - I paired the skirt with a vest top and a favourite skinny yellow cardigan - which I've had for quite a few years but which has spent inordinate periods of "rest" in my wardrobe owing to the fact that I'm often too large to wear it without looking ridiculous...Believe me, I felt amazing...like I was floating on air. I've never been any good at admiring myself...but I made an exception on Sunday! So off I trotted to our village food fair for the afternoon, sitting around with my friends & drinking some of the worst tea I've tasted in years (thinking hanging the teabags out to dry and then reusing...and you'll get an idea of the "flavour" - tee hee!). All that tea drinking inevitably led to the need to visit the ladies room...so off I set across the hall. Nowadays, I even walk differently (and not just when I'm desperate!) - I now have a confident walk as opposed to an apologetic, lumbering one. I allow myself to know I look good - which is such a departure for me...but hey, why not? I've worked hard to get to this point, so I'm going to enjoy every day. When I emerged from the powder room, I walked past a couple of older men, who are husbands of WI ladies I know. One of them stopped me and said something along the lines of how "fetching" I was looking. Oh my goodness, I very nearly hugged him with joy!! Instead, I thanked him profusely after grabbing his arm and asking "Do I really?!" Honestly, it made my day, week, month and year! I was about to write "little things mean such a lot"...but in fact, it wasn't a little thing...it was a huge thing for me....

Better stop now and get on with my day as I've tons to do. Let's talk again soon - when you get a mo, please tell us how you are feeling about your amazing success - it will do everyone good to read it! Has it helped in any way with your chronic fatigue, for example? What does it mean to have shifted so much weight in such a short time? That kind of thing....

Take care xxx

31 Aug 2016, 14:36
Hi @hazelnut20! Loved reading yr post! I could just see you in the lovely outfit at the village fair..i bet you turned lots of heads! And got plenty of admiring glances!
I can imagine you will walk differently ,not just coz you feel happier with yrself but you will be lighter on yr toes now! I had to laugh at yr description of the previous lumbering apologetic walk..you have such an entertaining and self deprecating way of expressing yrself ! I know i walk differently as a fat person to when i used to be slim..not surprising is it,when we are dragging such big asses around after us! :lol: :lol: I dont think ive got back yet to my previous twinkle toes walk,(plus i am dizzy a lot of the time which doesnt help me look graceful when i walk)

This BSD loss is great but its only got me back down to where i was after each 5:2 session ( 3 of them in all,maybe four)and a slimming world session * sigh* so its still sort of " old fat" if you know what i mean?
What i love is that this experience over the last 8 weeks has been so pleasantly surprising..i was dreading it,but not getting hungry like on other diets makes a massive difference!and realising that it was the carbs that made me hungry instead of filling me like I used to believe! Revelation! And not wanting them now!
And the faster weight loss is just a godsend isnt it?

I need to do another cycle - or more! - to see real results..i will be happy to stop when i get to whats acceptable to me, even tho i wont be slim..at 66 i dont really expect or even want to attain slimness any more..just want to be well and healthy.

I cant say BSD has helped with energy levels as yet...,i still feel as bad even tho am doing this along with a many pronged attack using various supplements,herbs etc... Things take time to work...I' m sleeping better so maybe my stamina will improve when ive built up some credit in my sleep account!
Yeh CL is amazing isnt she! I know she wd say go ahead with more BSD but not sure i can do as much exercise as needed to keep heart ok..i am very tempted to keep on bsd tho or something very similar

Like you,said, i dont think i would give myself permission to go back to bread etc and the old bad ways ..so i think low carb is gonna be my way of life from now on!

Sending lots of hugs to you! Keep going! So glad that BSD has opened yr life up in such a happy way! And thanks again..you really don't know how much you have done for me! X

PS NUTTY i keep meaning to say,that before i started BSD,my weight had rocketed higher than ever,due to fasting but feasting far too much on non fast days,then giving up the fasting in despair... gahhhhh!
it was scary and demoralising to get even larger... glad there was a new path i could take which wd bring me back down quickly and easily! Because othrwise i am not sure how i wd have dealt with a much worsening situation and no solution in sight! :confused: x

31 Aug 2016, 20:35
Wow @hazelnut20 and @candicemarie, you 2 have really took well to this WOE/L . I'm so pleased to read how the BSD has changed you both. I loved reading both your posts. Pernelle I can picture you walking around, looking and feeling so great. I'm so please to hear you're still doing so very well. You so deserve to feel good about yourself. Enjoy the skirt, soon it will be too big.
Candy well done on finishing the 8 week, such an achievement. I love that you don't think you'll go back to bread,,, like a different person,,,, remember when you used to believe you couldn't give up carbs for any length of time. You go girl :like:

I on the other hand have totally gone back to my old ways :( I can eat almost anything without much discomfort, I say much because I often have that horrid feeling of fullness. The funny thing is, I'm not really regaining. I'm only 2 lbs up from my lowest weight (this time around) and I know one fastday will get rid of that. Time to take control though. I'm actually sick of eating. Every day this week the cravings have started early in the day and I've had something carby and bad for me to shut them up. I've not even been hungry, the cravings are just really strong and my willpower weak :( . We all know where that leads.... eating something carby for lunch.... then something very bad for dinner too.... with snacks in between :( .. This is not good but very fixable if I deal with it now. Tomorrow for me it's day 1 of the BSD. I'll say I'll do a week, but I'm really just telling myself that to get me started. The next 2 days will be the hardest, but I can do this, with any luck I'll last longer than 2 weeks this time.

As for my busy social few weeks, I ate too much, drank too much and not one person who hadn't seen me since losing 22lbs, said they noticed,,,, It doesn't matter though, I did feel much better in my clothes and I know I've lost weight and look better for it.

I'll leave it there for now, just wanted to say how pleased I am for you both. Looks very quiet in here again, I do hope more people start posting,,, I really need the support.
Previous 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 48 Next
714 posts Page 36 of 48