The FastDay Forum

Forum & Progress Tracker Help

13 posts Page 1 of 1
HI all,

I hope you like the new look and enjoy using the updated forum and tracker :)

If you are having difficulties logging in, it is probably because we have reverted to a simpler login system, which should have fewer problems in the long run! However, this does mean you may need to clear the cookies set by the old FastDay site. It may also be helpful to restart your browser and/or device after clearing the cookies.

Note that when clearing your cookies, you may be given the option as to the age of the cookies you should delete. By default this is set to only an hour or two by some browsers. You will need to change the selected option to a longer period, for example 2-4 weeks. When you have cleared the cookies, please close the FastDay tab on your browser and restart your device.

If you're not sure how to clear your cookies, this link may help:
http://m.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cookies
The process varies depending on your device and browser.

Please remember to clear the cookies via your browser settings (or by manually deleting the FastDay cookies if you know how), rather than using the option at the bottom of the forum page. That option can only delete cookies set by the new site, not the old one!

Thanks for bearing with us during the downtime today. We hit a couple of snags during the go-live so it took a bit longer than planned, but here we are all shiny and new at last!

If problems persist, email support@fastday.com
Logging in works fine with Internet explorer (work) and firefox (home), but not with crome (also home), which is my usual browser. Clearing cookies does not help. After logging in a message appears that I am logged in succesfully (and I see my username appear in the spot of the login button, just as it should be), but after that the next page that appears it is changed again into the login button and I am out again.
Just to inform you :smile:
I had the exact same problem initially on Chrome - on my desktop and also my mobile & tablet. However, clearing the cookies and restarting the device should work. Please clear your cookies through the browser settings, as it is the old forum cookies which seem to be conflicting. If you try to clear the cookies via the link at the bottom of the site won't get rid of the cookies from the old forum.

By default, Chrome will only remove cookies from the last hour (or is it 2 hours?) you'll need to select a longer time period from the options on the settings page, so it removes the cookies set in the past by the old forum.
Dear All, just used the computer "tools" for first time - yes, I am the family Luddite - and removed the cookies as instructed, success at last! I really like the new site, hope we will enjoy using it.
Working for me ( Chrome on desktop) after deleting cookies. Didn't even have to restart.
I seem to have to re log in every time I open the forum, whereas previously I mostly stayed logged in ...

Also, when writing in the reply box the script is in a rather pale grey, quite hard to read when you've got mild cataracts. Any chance of boosting it up to black please?

Also (sorry) is there any chance of being able to enlarge the writing, as in the iPad double tap, to help with reading please? The font is much better than before but still small for me :0@
Many thanks for your wonderful work @Moogieand team X
Phew,

I am no computer wizard. ---but my dear husband IS. I got him to remove all kinds of cookies - I think. AND i COULD SIGN IN ALRIGHT. yIPPEE!!
I even got into my progress tracker. I just could not find my new BMI there.
But everything is new. It'll take me a while to get used to the new look. :smile:

Margot Sylvia
I cdnt log in coz kept getting told my password was wrong -tho it wasnt!
Had to send for and use a code to log in,but dont think i was then given option of resetting a password of my choice! Unless i just missed it somehow...
I usually stay logged in but sometimes i am logged out anyway,so am unsure if that happens how i will log in again @moogie.
Have the cartoon people gone..hurray!
As always will take time to find way round and get used to new stuff! But thanks for all the hard work thats gone into the changes! X
Now you're logged in, yoy can change your password in your UCP.
Hopefully you won't find yourself getting logged out with this system, as it's the standard forum login rather than the odd custom one that we tried to marry up to the forum last time. Just make sure to tick the 'remember me' box when you log in, and that should keep ypu logged in ok.
Finally got in on my laptop - but only the one on Windows 10, the site would not accept me on the older one that is still on Vista.

I dare not clear my cookies on my Kindle tablet in case this wipes out my Facebook login, which I can't remember. There is no option to delete cookies by site, it is all or nothing.
If you need to clear your cookies on your kindle, most sites - including facebook - have an option for resetting your password. I had to use it the orher day as I got logged out of FB and was darned if I could remember the password!

What browser are you using on vista? I'm sure there's a way to sort that out for you too :)

In any case, the cookies should have an expiry date on them - though I'm not sure what as I didn't set up the old login system - which means with time, if you don't clear the cookies they should expire on their own.
:like: Nice job!
I needed help with erasing cookies to the old 5:2 site, but I learned how while watching it happen. Now, I find the new one much easier to read and work with. Thank you so much!! :heart:
Moogie wrote: If you need to clear your cookies on your kindle, most sites - including facebook - have an option for resetting your password. I had to use it the orher day as I got logged out of FB and was darned if I could remember the password!

What browser are you using on vista? I'm sure there's a way to sort that out for you too :)

In any case, the cookies should have an expiry date on them - though I'm not sure what as I didn't set up the old login system - which means with time, if you don't clear the cookies they should expire on their own.

Thanks @moogie. On the Kindle I will keep trying and hope for an expire. The old laptop is probably still on IE 7, so I was not too surprised about not getting on as it won't let us on other sites like Amazon ... I think at one time we had Chrome on it, but it may have got removed by our tech support guy.
13 posts Page 1 of 1