The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting Friday 9th Sept
09 Sep 2016, 14:40
At last gettng back onto this freindly forum which gives so much support and encouragement! I have put on weight over the summer in spite of regular5:2. Imagine how dire that might have been otherwise! Followed the great BSD thread, thanks to @Hazelnut and friends, and re-read the book. Started 8/BSD this week, already good responses. I hope there mght be the challenge mentioned to give added support, but I am motivated, and doing better. Fasting well today along with Hubby. Feelng so much better mentally and physically.
Good luck to all fasters :clover: :clover: :clover:
Re: Fasting Friday 9th Sept
09 Sep 2016, 16:49
Hi Katherina, haven't been on this forum much lately - what is BSD? I've been fasting for more than three years and am just seeing a slight upward creep, would be pleased to know of any strategy that might help stop the rot!
09 Sep 2016, 18:27
I'm fasting today ... usually I have no issues, but this morning I had a dentist appt. I don't know why, but every time after a cleaning I feel like I'm starving!! I'm fighting through it, and after the suggested 1/2 hour before eating or drinking, I'm going to enjoy a cup of tea and carry on with my day. :)

@Katharina: I'm also curious to know what BSD is. Can you point me to the thread?

Thank,
Gina
10 Sep 2016, 08:43
Hi @Lindyloo89 and @GinaLola. I hope your fasting was really good yesterday.

BSD stands for BLood Sugar Diet recently published by Michael Moseley as the 8 Week BSD. A lovely thread to read is Hazelnuts 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet Musings, in Active Topics. I recommend reading the book which is very clear.
I have joined the new challenge for support with my new-found momentum. I began the BSD this week with great results and feel happy. I have done 5:2 for over 3 years very succesfully but had an indulgent summer. I join my husband on 5:2 every week and will do this at the same time as the BSD which will enable me to watch the non-fast days like a hawk! :clover:
10 Sep 2016, 12:07
Aah, I did see this but haven't really looked at it as I have no problems with my blood sugar andI thought it was connected to metabolic syndrome. Is it also a way of eating just to reduce glucose spikes? Will have to have a look, many thanks for this. Good luck with your challenge!
10 Sep 2016, 12:16
I fasted yesterday (Friday)and all went well. This morning I weighed, as usual because I am a daily weigher, and I had gained a pound! :shock:

It's a good job that I am not fixated on every movement of the scales because I would be feeling devastated today! :cry: As it is, I just shrugged it off and thought that it will probably just show tomorrow - my 'official' weigh-in day! Ho-hum, the joys of this WOL! :smile:
6 posts Page 1 of 1