The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi I am from Werribee Australia I am in my late sixties and go to gym usually five days a week , I am a piscatarian to make life a little easier and do battle with low iron , I would prefer to be vegetarian but struggle with low iron and hate iron tablets ,I was doing 3/4 most of the time and was so pleased with the result but have struggled in the last two months plateauing and after eating main meal going back to wanting snacks and thus cheating.
I am in the gym usually five mornings a week and was loving it but am starting to feel depressed I lost 9.8 kg and wham everything slowed and stopped am now up a kg ,this is the only success I have had for fifteen years diets didn't work at all due to constant night time craving .i was petrified at the thought of fasting but was actually feeling better on fast days hence I added the third ,do you think this could have caused my plateau and flat feeling? I would really like to lose at least another five to ten kg . I have battled depression before and am concerned that maybe the diet is affecting me or am I just low because I have stopped losing ? Has anyone else had a similar reaction and found how to overcome it?
Hello @marywerribee - and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear about the plateau - you are by no means alone with that, many of us experience such a thing. Can I ask whether you've measured yourself everywhere to keep a record? Often you might lose inches but not actual weight...plus maybe you are building muscle at the gym? If you haven't done any measuring, I would strongly advise you to start keeping a record.

Depression is something I am very familiar with. You have my sympathies. I have found this forum absolutely brilliant and very supportive. You don't even have to restrict yourself to fasting talk - there are tons of subjects unconnected with food. So...my best advice would be to wade in and have a read of as much as you can. Join in the threads that interest you and get to know us!

Also, do you log what you eat? Maybe you need to review what you are doing - to see if there's anything you can or should change? By all means share your thoughts with us, because there are plenty who will relate to it and there's always someone offering insight and support. The more you post, the more you'll get out of this. We will all be happy to help you overcome this plateau...so write some more and we'll see what we can do!

Hope you have a good day...even though it may still be night where you are (excuse my geography - it's hopeless!!!).
2 posts Page 1 of 1