The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

748 posts Page 48 of 50
Previous 1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 Next
Today is Thursday and I did not put on any more weight yesterday. Still 56.1 kg.
Sarah, you asked me some questions above.
1. My 'window is about 3 hours.
2. I have now been doing this since mid August. Otherwise I do it regularly twice a year. This Autumn one is extra.
3. I do it every single day, because the body gets used to this way of eating in about two weeks, and I do not want to upset that.
4. At around 15:00 I have 'afternoon tea', My window opens and I have tea with milk, yogurt with berries and apple and a bit of sugar-free Muesli.
Then eat nothing until dinner time. Which I have whatever we're having that night. But low carb. My husband has potatoes or rice/ I have salad or cooked low carb veg. I close my window soon after 6 pm. And do not eat anything until the next day at 15:00.
This week end, however I am going away and I cannot keep up the window eating then. Saturday and Sunday will be different!!
Hope this answered your questions :clover:
Can someone explain what 16:8 is? I can't figure out how to check ballerina's signature to read up in it?

Thanks!
Hi @janwis

16:8 means you fast (no food, preferably only unsweetened drinks without milk) for 16 hours then eat in an 8 hour window. Do this every day ideally.

Many people have narrower eating Windows. Margotsylvia aims for fasting for 21 hours then eating during 3.

Often people combine with low carb, but you don't have to.

Trust this helps!
:heart: Hi Fellow Fasters. I am giving up the windows for awhile. It was working really well till I went away for a 3-day trip and relatives visit. Then I came back sick, brought husband to hospital for illness, 2-weeks stress for me. Now I just can't seem to get back to windows. Maybe starting over as 5:2, going back to square one as a beginner will be what I need. I've gained back 8 pounds. :shock: :frown: See you back in this tent later. Luck to all. :clover:
Well, I am back from my week end away. I kg heavier. It could be a lot worse. this might just be the extra food in my system. Anyway I am fasting again today, getting back to the routine. Oh Boy, when I started this window lark, I had no idea that it would take me to October. But here we are. And I still have a couple more kilos to lose. Oh well. :doh:
Hi Margot, I'm sure you'll lose that kg once you get back on track. I went to a fair yesterday, so I didn't fast and definitely didn't eat low carb. I'm up 1/2 pound today, but I hope that will go away quickly as well. I'm thinking of changing my weigh in day to Friday. I have about 9 kilos I want to lose. I hope my body starts to catch on soon! I don't mind if it's slow, as long as it's somewhat steady. We'll see.
To report, yesterday was my low eating day and I lost 600g. :grin: Continuing still my window fasting and trying to get lower in weight. :smile:
What's low eating ? I would love to know what you are doing. I've been doing a sort of 16/8 with no carbs and trying to keep calories down. .been doing it just over a week. Have lost almost a kilo. Which may sound good but it's terrible because I had put on two kilos over the last few weeks .tgis was in addition to the tow I put on after giving up fasting about a year ago. So starting 4 kilos above what I was wen I was fasting. Also much heavier than I have ever been
I thought these two kilos would go quickly. So easy to put on,so hard to loose
Sarah, you keep asking me questions, but I do not mind.
I agree with you that kilos are so easy to put on, but much harder to lose.
My low day on Mondays, you asked. Well, we go out every Monday, where we are offered sandwiches and some cake and tea or coffee. It is low eating, because on those days I have NO supper at all. Last Monday I had one sandwich, and a piece of cake. That is my low eating day. It comes right after the week end, which is really nice.
I have lost an other 200 grams, though I did have a supper yesterday. So now I am getting beck to what my weight has been recently. 56.3 kg is quite normal for me. I'd like to lose some more. So I'll have to keep going and be patient :smile:
Sorry I keep asking you questions. I suppose it's because you seem to be doing really well and I am trying to figure out a way that will work for me. Thanks for replying.
:grin: I did not put on any weight yesterday, despite of quite a large supper. That was nice. Still 56.3. :smile:
And now I LOST weight on Thursday, although we went out to a cinema and I ate some sweets ( that I didn't like!!). Down to 56 kg exactly. I so wish I could be below the 60 mark, but the week end is just round the corner... :confused:
Congrats on the loss Margot! What do you mean by the 60 mark? Also, may I ask how tall you are?

I was down 1.5 lbs this morning, which is a net loss of a pound, since I was up 1/2 pound on Monday. I'll take it though. I do have a few social events this weekend, so I hope I don't ruin it.
Still at 56 kg but never below. Sorry about the '60 mark' thing, The eternal 56kg must seem like 60 kg to me, or something like that. My BMI now is 21.88, which must tell you that I am very short. 'a titch* as my hubby calls me. About 5 foot 2 (159 cm). That is an other reason why it is a) so easy for me to put on weight and b) so hard to lose it!!!! My husband is quite a bit taller. He eats carbs and a lot and does not put on weight. He says it is his English heritage that has gotten him more used to carbs. ( We watched 'a Tudor Farm' programme, where all the people ate was bread and beer - beer = liquid bread!!!). Ugh!
Anyway the week end is here, and we'll have dessert! :thinking:
Previous 1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 Next
748 posts Page 48 of 50