The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

231 posts Page 12 of 16
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
Of course, I change my weigh in day from Monday to Friday, and Monday ends up being the better day this week! But I will wait until Friday and hope that it goes down even more! :)
Hello Accountabuddies! Thanks for your shares either up or down, emotionally and/or weight. I've been there. Last week I caught my terrible cold back again, or another. As I ate at odd times, without any fasting, I thought of my grandmother's sayings ... feed a cold, starve a fever. Maybe it means something besides an excuse to eat, who knows. Lots of natural vit. c as well as comfort food. Feeling human again and fasted yesterday, few calories. The weekly result was up a few, then down a few. Still at earlier high weight, 217 lbs. That will change. With better health comes better eating and some energy to exercise.
Congratulations to some, sympathies to others, and understanding to all. Thanks for listening. :heart:
hello fellow accountabuddies

I am here for the walk of shame :( all my good will of last week has disappeared & I am feeling grotty & annoyed with myself).

I kept a diet diary to see how I was doing which helped for the first week but this past week has been awful. am feeling down :( dont have any real reason to feel down. just feeling crappy. want to lose weight. want to get back into my clothes without the dredded belly overhang. the overhang just gets in the way of everything. makes my clothes hang wrong.

I want to run. I feel as if I need to run but I just cant muster up the enthusiasm to do anything. I am normally a very positive person but am stuck in a rut. hubby says its probably down to the family situation with everything thats going on. me thinks maybe its my age. the dreaded menopause. im 47 .about 18 months ago I came off the pill to see what my body was up to. big mistake. 6 months in & back to the drs to go back on the pill but apparently I was then too old to go back on my combined pill so was given the mini/single pill. rubbish. a year of not knowing whether monthly is gonna be there when I wake up or not & only about 3 continuous weeks of nothing. bla bla bla. sorry. tmi. am in two minds whether to come off the pill again. on the plus side I would have 3 weeks out of 4 that Im normal but on the negative I will spend 2 days of my 7-9 day monthly running to the loo every hour. what does a girl do???

maybe its the time of the year. its getting cold & the sun isnt shining quite as much.

having read through the last couple of pages it seems as if Im not the only one feeling blue & having trouble focusing on food. comfort food is the only type I fancy at the moment.

Im sorry for waffling on with all my woes. you have been my buddies for the last few months & I have really appreciated the support.

think we all need a strategy to get back on track :) I need to set a day to start again. who fancies joining me? how about next monday?? monday 24th October. as @hazelnut20 says monday is always a good day to start a diet hehe that way we get a week to get this out of our system & a day to start together all fresh & full of enthusiasm.

shelley xx
Dear Shelley @johns

So sorry to hear that you are not feeling great - but good that you are able to share your situation with us, sometimes just writing down what you feel can be a help.

Please don't beat yourself up or feel ashamed about your food choices, we all know that emotional eating is a comfort for many of us. And I know you don't need to hear any advice about what you could do to help make healthier choices - you know what to do! (But you know I have suggestions if you want them!!!)

Menopause can be a very difficult time. I know I really felt the loss of no longer being able to have a child (not that I wanted any more, but it is a loss just the same). And the unpredictability can be hard to manage. Do talk with your health professional about the best way for you to manage the transition.

Your OH sounds like a supportive person? He will hopefully help you through this time. Having other family issues does not help, but do try to concentrate on yourself and what is best for you.

It is very hard to motivate yourself when you are feeling down, but I am sure you know that the best thing to do is to do something positive. Doesn't have to be much. Poor weather doesn't help either, but if you can at least manage a walk - if not a run - outside, that may help. Do you have somewhere close where it is nice to walk, or can you easily get to somewhere that you enjoy the surrounds? Sea or mountain air is great if you can get there.

I understand how much losing weight is important, and I know I am a broken record on this, but if you can concentrate more on looking after your overall wellbeing and doing things that will be good for you and your body (rather than specifically focusing on losing x pounds), that may be a better longer term strategy, and hopefully also have the weight loss consequences you want.

Having a start date for getting back on track is great if that appeals to you. But could you consider having a practice run right away??! That is, aiming to make good food choices, but not trying to count calories, restrict foods etc.

Very best wishes and good luck for whatever you decide to do now and in the future. :clover:
Just a quicky as ready for bed x
Good luck all xxx come on now @hazelnut20 and @justdee! Do we have to threaten you with the wet fish!was that @wendy darling?
Please dont regain,girlies..800 cals for weeks so please dont destroy that good work ...pleeeeeeeeze xx

Can i have another palmtree pls Nuts..bit of a plateau as just a few lbs in 3 weeks but it will pass X
Thanks for the shout out @candicemarie, you're still doing great,,, slowly is definitely better than stopped. Hope you're feeling much better now.
I had a read of my journal, (justdee's progress). In April, when I restarted I wrote about how disappointed I was with myself, how I was 20lbs heavier than when I stopped fasting the year before. I was gutted I had to start over again and kicking myself for regaining. Those 20lbs seemed like such a lot back in April. Now I've lost those 20lbs I can do 2 things,,, keep going or regain,,, it's that simple. I'm not saying I'm back in the zone (far from it) but today I did a BSD day, with any luck I'll do another tomorrow. It's 4 weeks until I go to Morocco, I'd love to be a bit slimmer by then but who knows. There's so many of us feeling a bit down and finding it difficult to focus, I think it must be a time of year thing for those of us going in to winter. Body trying to store more fat to get us through the colder months, sort of thing, maybe.
Good luck Shelley @Johnsas you get back into the zone. I've tried the count down thing a few times over the last few months, the first few times it seemed to work, but then turned into a free ticket to binge. Hope it works for you. Also hope you're finding a bit more 'me' time these days.
It was last night that I read my journal and something just clicked to try again today, I can't let what happened last time I stopped happen again. I've got to just keep trying.
You too @Hazelnut20, Come on Pernelle sweetie, where are you honey? Don't you go AWOL on us. Only a matter of weeks before Mauritius. We're all in the same boat, we'll help each other row and I bet you we can get there. (Just a metaphor,,, not row boat to Mauritius, as I'm now seeing in my head, hehe, although we would be very fit by time we got there) :razz: xx
Hi Pernelle @Hazelnut20, I've just seen your post on the last page, so happy to see you here. Yes, we need a plan. For now, tomorrow/today I'm going to try and do what I did today/yesterday :bugeyes: . Sounds like we're both ready and know what needs doing. Hope all is well in your nutty world m'deary. Must get to bed, speak soon x
@justdeegood luck! Glad youre back on yr horsie! Clippety clop! X
Just checking in to say I'm doing ok this week, not perfect but ok. It 2;30pm and I've only had coffee so far,, so today is going well.. Must get to the supermarket now, I'll try to check in later. Bye for now :) Hope you're all having a good day :)
well I am back and hoping to be able to resume normal activities.

My mom had her surgery on Monday and is doing really well! She should be discharged from the hospital today. She walked me to the elevator when I left yesterday and she looked really happy and healthy. They just like to keep an eye on the new heart valve and incision site for three days before discharging people. Plus they give IV antibiotics.

I have not eaten well for the past few weeks, and this week I didn't have anything that was homemade. I feel like a human salt lick -- I ate so much salt in the past four days!!! But I'm home now and going to get back to a normal routine now that I'm not worried and stressed that my mom might not make it. She's going to be just fine. Phew!!

I think I might put off weighing myself until Monday
Good to hear that all is going well with your mum @Tracieknits, that must be such a relief.

Don't rush to weigh yourself at all! Perhaps consider waiting (ha ha) until you are happy with your eating routine and have had a few days for your body to adjust??

Enjoy the home made food! Hopefully it will feel like a real treat. Best wishes! :clover: :smile:
hello accountabuddies

sorry Ive been absent since emptying my woes on here the beginning of the week. have been really busy :)

@cblasz ive ordered the book you mentioned. got it for £2.69 on bookbutler.co.uk. hasnt arrived yet but should be here any day now. thought I needed some recipes to get me back on track. how are you finding the book? has it helped? what are the recipes like? are they all artyfarty or normal food that normal people eat? hows it going with your 8 hour eating window? have you got that back in control? so many questions :) last one. how was your weigh in today??

@candicemarie hello. are you galloping yet towards your goals? oh yes, I can see you asked for 3 palmtrees. well done. woohoo :)

hi @sassy1 thankyou for your kind words. have taken your advice & booked for an appointment at the contraceptive clinic. am hoping to have a coil fitted. appt at the clinic is in nov but with the drs I had to wait til mid december!! its recommended for heavy periods so perhaps I will be lucky & this will work for me. I have a very supportive other half. he is my rock :) dont know what I would do without him.

did someone mention @wendydarling when I first did 5;2 a long time ago she was my buddie. hello wendydarling. I used to be shelleymcbelly or amberenchanted or something along the lines of that.

hi dee @justdee I am liking your motivation. can I have a bit of that please ;)

@tracieknits very happy to read your news about your mum. it must have been great to see her up & about again. & good luck getting back into the swing of things.

bye for now. due to start monday as got uni visit to sheffield on saturday. a whole 4 hour journey from here. xx
Good morning!

I'm happy to say that I'm down 1.3 lbs. from last week. That puts me at a total of exactly 6 lbs. in approximately 6 weeks! Perfect!

@@Johns - I'm so glad I inspired you to order the book. To be honest, I haven't read it that much yet, I've skimmed through it. I'm hoping to have time this weekend. This week was a little crazy with work, so still not quite there with being strict about my eating window. I think things have calmed down a bit, so I hope to get my life back in order!!

@@Tracieknits - so glad to hear that about your Mom! I'm sure once you get back to eating normally and less salt, you're weight will go back down!

Good luck to everyone with your weekly weigh-ins and have a great weekend!
Checking in after 5 weeks... I think another halo please @Hazelnut20

I had one good fast after some overindulging, and although I have also done more evening eating that ideally I would like, there has been no major pig out (!!) and it is possible the evening eating has been because I needed the food - it's been a busy week. And given I don't feel like I am putting on weight, then that may well be the case. And each morning I have felt fine, which is also a positive indication.

It is very quiet in the forum, I don't think there have been any posts in any topic between cblasz' and my posts here. And I think that time period should have been daytime for the UK... (Edit: There was one post while I was writing this.)

It seems a few people are struggling, whereas some others seem to be doing very well. If you are struggling and really having trouble getting motivated to stick with your intended way of eating, perhaps consider having a formal break from trying to do so. If you give yourself permission to take a break, then maybe it won't take as long for motivation to reappear! If you do have a break, that is not an excuse to overindulge, still aim to make good food choices but don't calorie or carb count, and don't ban any foods (unless for medical reasons). Good luck regaining your mojo! :clover:
Oh girlies - sorry for abandoning you. I've been up to my eyes in catering...plus I'm feeling blue & eating for England right now.

I've got a harvest supper catering job to do today for 60...had a funeral tea for 120 yesterday and a lunch for 27 on Thursday - 3 jobs on the trot. Am hopeful of a break tomorrow, though am driving my eldest to Heathrow in the wee small hours of Monday morning...so it will hardly be worth going to bed on Sunday night.

I promise promise promise to come back here properly tomorrow...and update everyone's progress. In my case I will be removing palm trees - I think all of them actually- which is very awful.....

Please can I ask you to update me on how many palm trees or halos you should have....as of today? It would be really helpful as my mind is rather fuzzy ATM and it is difficult to ensure I haven't got it wrong. Just a quick post will suffice....as you all know you best. Sorry for being so rubbish - I tend to withdraw when it all gets too much...but I need a good talking to - as I am sabotaging all my efforts.

Hope you all have a great day xxx
Previous 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 Next
231 posts Page 12 of 16