The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

748 posts Page 50 of 50
Previous 1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 Next
It is Wednesday 26 October. Not many people writing here on the Forum :frown: . I only have 3 more days of this fasting regime left. I am counting the days until my Saturday breakfast :razz: . My weight seems to be stuck at 55.9 kg. so maybe that is what I'll weigh at the end of this. That is OK, I guess. :neutral: .
Friday is finally here. My last day of this regime which I started somewhere in August. I was 55.5 kg this morning, :grin: , so I have lost 4.5 kg in these months. I started doing this, because I did not fit into my clothes anymore. I now even fit into my tight rain trousers, so goal achieved. The results of this last day's fasting will only show tomorrow. I might yet report back then :smile: .
Well done @margotsylvia! It must feel good to have achieved your goal :like:

Best wishes
This is Saturday. I was 55.5 kg this morning. So no further loss. And it felt so good to have breakfast and regular tea with milk. :grin: I skipped lunch today in the hope of not putting on so much weight. :smile:
Pleased to report that on my nutrition course I have found 3 others who use fasting windows and one of the lecturers does too :like:
carorees wrote: Pleased to report that on my nutrition course I have found 3 others who use fasting windows and one of the lecturers does too :like:

Ahh...Since you mentioned this a while back, I've been wondering what you'd discover regarding 30+ years of nutritional orthodoxy vs new research. I quickly imagined your being our favorite knight(ess?) in an epic battle of conflicting research papers. Are the text books and resource materials current? (The half-life of medical knowledge is 5-7 years before it's considered outdated. The problem is: which half?) Here's a link that may be useful.

http://www.uptodate.com

Please keep us apprised of your new adventure.
Hi, I've just joined this forum. I've been dabbling in a bit of window eating. I'm finding the best results Having a five hour window. I usually start about 11:30 -4:30 if I'm hungry early in the day, otherwise if I'm eating out or having people over, I'm eating from 3-8pm. Losing weight for the first time in ages. Got about 15-20kgs, but have already dropped about 6kg this month. Appetite much less, and stubborn fat is moving!
I'm on the supposedly named "warrior" plan of 20:4 ......

My window for eating is between 5pm and 9pm for the five weekdays then at weekend I drop down to 16:8 so have dinner at noon and cut off at 8pm .
I've been doing this since 15 Aug ( just checked the date ) and I've lost around 2 stone ( 28lbs) off my torso, arms , legs and waist .

Things are slowing down now and I'm losing just under a pound a week and struggling to lose the last seven pounds off my belly :(

I also cut out all bread , croissants and toffees / choc bars .
Hello to all 'eating window' -people. I am back here again since Advent Sunday, when I started this window of mine. I eat nothing until afternoon tea, and then I do not eat anything again after supper at 6 pm. So far I have hardly lost a pound, but I know it is early days yet. :smile:
[quote="Zincubus"]I'm on the supposedly named "warrior" plan of 20:4 ......

My window for eating is between 5pm and 9pm for the five weekdays then at weekend I drop down to 16:8 so have dinner at noon and cut off at 8pm .
I've been doing this since 15 Aug ( just checked the date ) and I've lost around 2 stone ( 28lbs) off my torso, arms , legs and waist .

Things are slowing down now and I'm losing just under a pound a week and struggling to lose the last seven pounds off my belly :(

One pound a week is still pretty good. In 7 weeks your 7lbs will be gone! How much were you losing per week before? Is the info on the warrior diet in the reading section here, or somewhere else online? Very interested in reading up on that if I could lose more than 1 pound a week [incompatible emoji removed]
sunshineandbeaches wrote:
One pound a week is still pretty good. In 7 weeks your 7lbs will be gone! How much were you losing per week before? Is the info on the warrior diet in the reading section here, or somewhere else online? Very interested in reading up on that if I could lose more than 1 pound a week [incompatible emoji removed]
[/quote]

Just check my other posts .... I've lost two stone ( 28lbs ) in 14 weeks and I eat like a king , just in a four window .... I simply cut out bread / pies and sweet / chocolate treats . Funnily enough I've been stuck on roughly the same weight for about 3 weeks and then this week I've lost 3lbs since Monday morning - doing nothing different . Very strange but also very pleasing :)

I'll never go back to eating breakfast or adding all those evening treats again but after Xmas ill probably revert back to the 16:8 regime
Hello everybody! I've had difficulties logging in, so reporting here has been poor. Sorry. I have been two weeks on this window lark and have lost almost 2 kg (1 KG + 900g). I might have lost the 2 kgs, but I have a cold, and I have eaten a bit more during my allowed window. Eating feels good, 12 days to go of my Advent fast, :starving:
That advent idea is neat and I'm gonna do the same by being extra vigilant from today until Christmas Eve ....
Previous 1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 Next
748 posts Page 50 of 50