The FastDay Forum

Introduce Yourself!

Our Frequently Asked Questions topic will answer many of your fasting & weight loss questions!

If you're new and have a question or need some advice, please give us as much information as you can about your situation in order for us to be able to help you as best we can. For example, it's helpful to know your BMI/weight, how much you want to lose, any medical conditions which might affect your weight and (if you've started fasting already) how you do your fasts in terms of splitting up your calories, what you eat etc. Thanks!

3 posts Page 1 of 1
New to this forum
11 Nov 2016, 01:13
Hi everyone,
Im starting IF 16-8 tom. I just became a vegetarian 6 weeks ago after getting very high in weight and very unhealthy. I now am back to working out daily and boxing and have lost 31 lbs in 2 months and am looking to be healthy! Not just crash diet. Any tips or what to expect would be great!
Re: New to this forum
11 Nov 2016, 22:10
Welcome to the group! Congrats on your weight loss to date. Much can be learned about IF here:

https://www.fastday.com/learn/
Re: New to this forum
14 Nov 2016, 21:36
I'm also vegetarian (eat eggs and dairy), though I was years before beginning 5.2. And I do "classic" 5.2, not windows (16:8). I found that the latter doesn't work so well for me, I just obsess about when I get to eat; anything I have to do every day is eventually burdensome to me. I can "make" myself "fast" 2 days a week (some days it is "making" myself, two and half years down the road), but daily restrictions make me crazy! (I'm known for flexibility, not consistency.) Good for you on the weight loss, hopefully this works for you. We do have a lot of members who use windows, especially for maintenance. The forum's been quiet lately, you might need to poke a couple of them for advice.
3 posts Page 1 of 1