The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
It's my 4 year fastiversary
24 Jan 2017, 16:35
I can hardly believe it, but I've been following this way of life for 4 years now and i'm so pleased that I found it.

I've done 4:3 from the start and have continued it into maintenance, which I've been doing for the last two and a half years or so. The only time I don't fast is when I'm on holiday, but the weight always comes back off quite quickly when I start fasting again.

My original target was 11 stone, which got my BMI under 25, but I'm happier at 7-10lbs under that, which is roughly where I've maintained.

It has given me a whole new lease on life and a new wardrobe! It's so nice to be able to try anything on, instead of the ordeal that clothes shopping used to be.

I'm so happy with the way I look now and I really feel like I have my weight under control and don't stress when I put on weight after holidays etc. I have the tool to get back to where I want to be thanks to fasting.

24 Jan 2017, 18:41
Congratulations!! I'm glad to hear you're still maintaining and still doing so well!! :heart: :victory: :like: :grin:
Re: It's my 4 year fastiversary
24 Jan 2017, 20:40
Congratulations! Your post makes me happy and excited for my journey. I SO am looking forward to walk in to a store and actually be able to try on all the cute clothes without looking like a badly stuffed sausage in most of them.

24 Jan 2017, 20:42
Well done, nice to see some more of us have clear and sustainable results over such a long period with such a simple strategy :victory: :like:

25 Jan 2017, 03:32
Congratulations Chris, you are a wonderful example of the success of IF. Your approach has worked very well for you. I just looked at your tracker - you must be so pleased to find a WOE that has allowed you to lose weight and then maintain so well.

Best wishes for your continued success, and happy shopping! :smile:

25 Jan 2017, 16:54
Congrats, @Chris P!

31 Jan 2017, 13:40
Belated congratulations to one of my fasting seniors, and good wishes for year 5.
7 posts Page 1 of 1