The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting today Thursday 16 Feb
16 Feb 2017, 08:39
Hi Thursday fasters
I have almost polished off my Thursday fast day. Been good all day and had a pretty strong week so far.
I just need to stay mindful and try and get the scales to budge. My clothes are a bit looser so I take that as a good sign!
I know with 5:2 that the scales are not a true reflection of what your body is doing so stay positive :clover:
Good luck everyone and go well @nursebean and @sassy1
Cheers
Merry
I am also doing my regular maintenance fast today. I wish I too was in Australia, it is only noon here, and I have a long way to food at 18:00.. So far doing OK, and not eaten anything as yet. I am doing quite a bit of walking every day, and manage to keep my weight steady. It is an a high weight for me, but Lent is just round the corner now. And besides, when it is -7 degrees Celsius
(19.4 F.)outside a few extra pounds are maybe a good thing :grin:
Brrrrrr. Sending you some Aussie summer sunshine Margotsylvia!
Well done to be fasting in those temperatures!
I did okay till dinner time. Was always planning take away but usually I only eat some sushi, no fried ones, limited rice, etc but ended up eating Thai food... We shared a serve of fried eggplant with a chicken mince sauce (the restaurant's specialty) and pad thai, also smothered in sauce and not all that nice. Boohoo.
I'm fasting as well today. After last week's big loss, there's no movement so far this week, and I have a camping weekend ahead of me - so, gotta gonna keep on going. I know it's coming.

Tonight will be a big salad with spinach, chicken, avocado, cucumber, tomato and little bit of nuts.
I'm in today - decided to try something new by having lunch instead of dinner so that I'd have a bit more energy for the gym straight after work... Unfortunately I got to the gym and realised I'd forgotten my trainers :frown: so now I'm at home regretting my decision with lunch and drinking herbal tea to try to fill myself up a bit! The main thing getting me through is that my fiancé is back home this weekend which means we'll probably eat some naughty food - so I'm trying to stay strong!
Well I *meant* to join you all today, honestly I did. But I was just so dang hungry all day. For the past few days, actually. I had a successful fast day on Monday, a perfect one, but since then I've been ravenous.

So I've been tryign to stick with Dr. Amanda Sainsbury-Salis' advice to get through this sort of thing - eat when you're hungry, eat very healthy food and extra protein. It's good that I have ww as a guideline for me right now otherwise I'm afraid I'd be radically overdoing it >.<
Hi @Tracieknits

I hope Amanda's and WW strategies are seeing you through okay!

As you know, I think Amanda's approach to food management is ideal - it is just that it can be difficult to always judge just how hungry I am!!

Good luck! :clover:
Sassy1 wrote: Hi @Tracieknits

I hope Amanda's and WW strategies are seeing you through okay!

As you know, I think Amanda's approach to food management is ideal - it is just that it can be difficult to always judge just how hungry I am!!

Good luck! :clover:

Thank you!

Overeating is a very real danger!!! So I have been going slowly and trying to savor every bite. And I have been pretty successful at it, although we're indulging in a bottle of wine tonight to celebrate DH's promotion :-) I think she's pretty awesome too, but it's just so easy to overdo it. I think her approach works better when you actually journal it like she suggests, but that's the easiest part to skip.
9 posts Page 1 of 1