The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Fasting Monday 10 April 2017
10 Apr 2017, 12:39
Well, it's the first day of the school holidays and so little to distract me from food but I did very well today.
Just looking around and it seems this forum has declined in popularity since its heyday back in 2013 -2014 when I was here last. That's kind of sad. I regularly check out 'Who is online' and quite often, I find I am alone. It's kind of like going back to visit a holiday destination that you remember with fondness and finding all the locals have moved away and no one visits anymore. The buildings are all there as you remember but without the people ... Oh well. There are still a few hard core members and that's nice to see. Undeterred, I intend to stick around as long as this forum remains.
Ate nothing until dinner tonight. Prawn spaghetti. Probably over my 600 cals but not too much over. Really happy with my progress. Sticking to it isn't a problem. Yay.
Hi there!
I know it is sad how quiet it is here. It was picking up a bit for a while, but has died down again.

I am a teacher too. Are you in the U.S? I'm on break this week too. I'm planning to splurge a bit this week and then really buckle down next week!
Hi @cblasz! It all feels a little Twilight Zone-ish coming back here and finding the place nearly deserted. I am in Sydney, Australia and I've only been back fasting for a very short time so there's no time off for me. Nice to find another teacher on here! I did some catching up on some old posts last night and found out what has been going on over the past year regarding the decline of this forum. I think so many people just thought of it as a new fad diet and not a complete lifestyle change so when the next fad diet came along they moved on. I can't criticise, however. I have been away for many years as well.
I am hopeful that more people like me will come back. This is a great site.
Once again nice to meet you and anyone else here.
I hope more people come back too! But as long as there are a few here, it's helps! I think another problem is actually that people have been so successful on it and it's so easy to follow that they don't need the support/information anymore! Or the other way, people have just fallen off the wagon and are embarrassed to post.

Anyway, glad you are here and glad to have a fellow teacher. I find teaching makes sticking to my eating window easier, because I just don't have time to eat. However, I find it hard to fast all day while teaching. Lunch is sorta my break and reward for making it through the morning! But after vacation I hope to fast one day in addition to my eating window.
4 posts Page 1 of 1